or Connect

Posts by spruce

Your husband and his wish for twins crack me up. And what a sweet birthday gift for your daughter!Love, p
Thank you to everyone who responded to my question! I feel much more relaxed about them now...it has been quite a while since i was pregnant last and it seems I keep remembering stuff that had slipped my mind. Love, p
Oh, Bambi, :hugs. That sounds really stressful.I went through a similar experience three weeks ago, under slightly different circumstances. My DH, who has been an EMT III-A for over 25 years, calmly reminded me that, "finding a heartbeat is reassuring, but not finding one does not mean there is anything wrong."He was right, there was nothing wrong, I waited an hour or so, and tried checking pretty low on my left side...and there it was.Remember how very tiny your...
I hear you on being aware of your uterus! That's a really good point.I have to take most of my meds with carbonation. It has been getting easier to get the major vitamins down, but carbonated drinks help me. Usually I just keep one screw-top bottle of root beer or whatever on the counter, and it lasts me a week of vitamins and meds.Ethelpea, I am SO sorry that you had to deal with a migraine. Ugh. They run in my family, and I've had them since I was ten.The toughest...
I'm trying hard to keep up with everyone...between migraines and homeschool activities, it's tough. Martha, congrats on good news about Rogan! And I hope you let us all know right away tomorrow about how your ultrasound goes. Is anyone else, especially moms of many, having Braxton-hicks contractions yet? I'm having a lot of them, all day and half the night. Not painful, just very there. The ctx are at least any easy way to find my uterus, lol. At my belly button,...
We're also not "peeking," so we won't know for sure until this baby is born, but we have all been referring to the baby as 'she,' even though my boys really want a brother. Personally, either gender is fine with me. With four girls and two boys (and a granddaughter, as well), my boys are feeling a bit outnumbered. Love, p
We still homeschool our 17, 11, almost 9 and almost 7 year olds. Since we live in interior Alaska, it's a little tougher for us to get everyone out of state, but we have tons of good travel opportunities here anyway. We've had great fun traveling to and camping at places like Denali National Park, Seward (where the most amazing Sea Life Center is), and Homer (where there is a wonderful mix of stuff to do, one of the best of which is the Center for Alaskan Coastal...
onebabysmom, I hope the ultrasound brings you nothing but peace and reassurance. I was working out with my two youngest today, and an older man stopped me to chat...in the course of the conversation (which started out innocently about how he liked our tie-dye sweatshirts), he first asked if I"would finally be stopping," after this baby...then he very kindly told me I'm in "the danger zone" because of my age...and then he went on to tell me not one, not two, but FOUR...
.ME TOO! I didn't have a toys r us where I lived, but I did flat folds and prefolds with my eldest, with plastic pants, too...and at LLL someone was passing around a pattern for pocket diapers. I got to work fast!My youngest had a terrible, horrible reaction to cloth, no matter what kind. We did everything we could and finally had to do the opposite of what people usually do...I had to switch her from all that beautiful, soft lovingly hoarded cloth to...
That sounds very uncaring on their part. . I'm sorry they didn't take your needs seriously. Are you happy with this practice otherwise? That's such a big thing for them to ignore...it sends up red flags for me.As far as meds go, I think 1babysmom has the right idea...try the d-limo nene (sp) and then hit the Prevacid. Fwiw, I chewed so many tums when pregnant with my 11yo, we joked he was going to e born with a carapace. (he wasn't). :Love, p