or Connect

Posts by yenta esther

I used to sing Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen as a lullyby. I also used to sing the entire Rocky Horror Picture Show sound trak!
Please open your heart and forgive yourself now. Your little boy will not judge you or hold it against you for behaviors you did in the past.   Please think about not dating for a while, maybe not until your boy is  teen-age.  Spanking sucks. It does the giver and receiver no good. But you can move past it. Ask yourself to forgive you. And start the new day smiling at your little boy, feeding him and yourself foods without sugar.  You did the right thing by letting your...
I want to reach out and hug you but at the same time I want to scold your midwife.  Your  first 24 hours of labor had enough variations clueing towards much needed intervention, your midwife should have been assisting you much earlier on. It is not a sign of a  progressing labour to have contractions change from 9 minutes apart to 30 minutes apart. Your midwife ought to have been assessing you within 12 hours of labor starting. SHe dropped the ball and put you in an...
I was mildly shocked at how readily my ds#3 at age 4 allowed me to wean him. I substituted day time nursing sessions with a sippy cup of watered down juice,  and sat him on my lap while I read him a story. At night I did the same thing but added a rocking session and a lullaby. He weaned fully in three days. I on the other hand had rock hard tits filled with milk for about a week.
25 years ago you would have had a flood of like minded mothers reaching out to you. Heck, I would have invited you over to hang with my pox laded little ones. When my 4th child passed his 4 birthday w/o catching the pox I decided to join the herd and immunize him. Ditto with number 5. Chicken pox is hardly seen here anymore, for what its worth...
My c/sec scar is all keloided too. It still tingles and feels numbish and itches too. And it has been 25 and 12 years. 
Dear Soon-to-be Parents, If you take nothing else away from this forum but the heart-felt advice  not to parent like your brother and sister in law you will be doing yourselves and your child an enormous favor. There is no logical reason to ever spank a 2 year old.  2 year olds bite and kick and slap because they can't verbalize their inner turmoil. 2 year olds act out because they are tired, hungry thirsty or frustrated. Fill the need and the behavior...
I have had 2 of my 5 children via c/sec. I loved all the extra attention the nurses gave me. And I am weird but I loved the catheter in my bladder overnight b/c I was able to nurse my infant and not leave the bed to pee.
Hi Velveeta! I understand how the ideal of what you had envisioned for this birth is in contrast to the hard set of facts you have now encountered. My fourth birth was vastly different from his vbac'ed brother. #3 was an intervention free giggle and plop vbac... out came all 9lbs 8 ounces with hardly a pang of pain. #4 I thought would be as easy as pie, 1.2.3   no problem. But alas that was not to be. I puked, writhed in pain, needed an iv with fluids, needed the...
so happy for you. Truly an empowering birth via c/sec story. congratulations and happy breastfeeding!