or Connect

Posts by Pilgrim

Hello, We have just moved to Bradenton, and we will be looking for a rental house in Tampa as soon as we know a bit more about our situation.  (We have to scope out the area more and get involved in the community a bit more before we pick our final area to move to.)   We would like to get plugged into the Tampa homeschooling community asap!    About us:  Christian, homeschooling (rather unschooly these days), non-vaxing, APing, gentle discipline, traditional...
Hi y'all,   We live in an RV and are in TX at the moment.  We'll be in the Tampa area in 4 days, and we'll be looking for a rental home there to settle down and try to set some roots!   Anyway, my 7yo has asthma that is well controlled with only homeopathy as long as I avoid her triggers and keep her in a warm location.  Sadly, we are in a very cold spot now because we tried to go to a wedding.  But DD is now way too sick with asthma now and we can't...
Wow, cool to have found this thread! I've been thinking of getting these shots for my 7yo for about a year now.  I think we are finally going to do it.  She has multiple food & chemical allergies and asthma.  I have learned how to deal with the food allergies, but if her asthma can be helped with these shots (because it's mostly allergy induced) then I will be so grateful!!
I would definitely not change your residency every time you move the RV. Changing residency means getting new drivers' licenses, registering vehicles (and paying all applicable taxes and fees!), and getting new votor registration cards. I don't know all of the details of how to handle a birth away from your "residence," but surely that happens enough in this country. I'd keep digging to turn up the right information.
Where is everybody these days? We are working our way to north FL and should be there in less than a week. Is anybody going to the FOTR rally in January? we are!
Congratulations Nicole! I have often wondered what we would do in a similar situation. I decided we'd go live near The Farm and have the baby there! But given your two choices, it really depends on your finances. Have you checked out how much it costs to be in FL in the winter? Depending on where you go, it can be very, very expensive. So that might make your decision for you right there - very expensive vs. free. And I would stay in our RV and find a...
Congratulations!! That is very exciting! Where is everybody? We are in DC for the week.
Congratulations Indianagrl!! So I have been wanting someone to benefit from what we've learned recently, so I'll share it here. Recently, Thousand Trails put out an offer that if you paid $450, you could have either a west or east half of the US membership for a year. We decided that since we average about $35/night, this would be worth it for us. Well, we've been using it for a couple of months now, and it totally rocks!!! I can't believe how much money we are...
Welcome TXMom!! Did y'all just move into your RV? There seem to be lots of us families on the road! We are from TX too (DFW). In fact, we just left there to do a big tour of the NE. We just landed in Memphis last night. Graceland - here we come! Oh, are you going to stay put to have the baby somewhere, or keep traveling? I know of an EXCELLENT doula in DFW in case you need one. We considered getting pregnant (decided not to. ) but I wondered what we would do...
Different states have different laws about it. In the state of TX, it is actually legal to have a baby out of the carseat (in the back) but it is NOT legal to put the baby in the carseat on the sofa going sideways down the highway because the law is that you must use the carseat how it was designed to be used (forward or rear facing, but not sideways facing.) That said, we still put our toddler in her carseat. It is safer than not, and it is still a moving vehicle...