or Connect

Posts by enrooted

Hey!   Thanks for the link :) I am actually working on slowly translating my german songs into english - but it's not as easy as it might seem. Not only do I have to translate, it also has to rhyme and the feeling and meaning of the song has to be transitioned over into the new language as well. So far I only managed to translate 2 songs properly >.< I am also hesitant to use german songs as I plan on using all of this with my own children too, not just the daycare...
My personal opinion: I don't care at all, what degree a teacher does or doesn't have, as long as he/she does a great job.   That might sound crazy...maybe even careless...but I have had so many good and bad experiences with teachers of all kinds of educational levels, that by now, a degree to me doesn't say anything at all anymore. Different universities teach in different ways, the things teachers learn are never all exactly the same, depending on where they learn...
Hey Jo :)   Thanks for your encouragement as well :) Great to see other Baltimoranians around :D We have actually been to the lantern walk and the Open House already and are planning on checking in from time to time to get to know the faculty and school ahead of time ;) We do plan our baby to be born at the beginning of next year, so until it would actually attend the school, it would still be a few years ;) I am just VERY conscious about big choices like this and...
  Hey there and welcome!   Just a word of encouragement...despite what some might tell you, there is no absolute right and absolute wrong with Waldorf. Do what you feel is right doing and don't be worried about influences from the outside - as long as you keep it real with your little one, she will grow up well :) Children have this wonderful inner compass, that tells them exactly what feel real and what feels forced, so trust in that :D
Hey you two :)   I have actually looked through the Magical Kingdom already ;) A did out some of their verses on my list, not all of them though.   The seasons of joy costs $50, which I can not afford right now. I wouldn't mind investing in an actual hardcover book, I do not buy ebooks though.   Any free resources would be appreciated...or just single verses/songs/poems/etc. for the listed occasions :) Like...your favorite dress-up song XD Stuff like that...
Hey Baltmama!   Now, that was a very encouraging post :) Very informative, thanks a lot! Nice to know, that someone has made good experiences and trusts the school enough, to enroll a second child. I am happy to hear, you have a graduate already, that sure helps me trust the academical program and be calm about future education 'after Waldorf' :)   I feel very lucky to have reached you through this forum and very blessed, that the first reply was a positive one...
Hey guys :)   This is the School we live next to and the one we visited a few times by now...and the one, our children are supposed to go to in a few years.   Now I know, there is a huge difference in how good or bad specific Waldorf schools are and even though we have a great impression so far, we'd LOVE to hear from people with actual experience there. If anyone knows anything, has children on this school, friends with children on this school, has heard or read...
Hey there :)   I don't know, how many here know, that I am from Germany...therefor all my Waldorf song and verse resources don't work here in the US, as they are German. Not English. So now...I am in utter need for a few songs and verses to help structure my daycare day and accompany some of the activities I do.   I searched and searched and found a few, but there are a lot of activities, that I didn't find a song or verse for :(   Here is the list of...
  Hey there :)   Wanted to reply to this :)   We have a TV as well. And we won't get rid of it. I would not want my kids to grow up without the adorable TV series of Pippi Longstocking, The Children of Noisy Village and other series made off of Astrid Lindgren's books ;) You are entitled to your own opinion and mine is, that those series are a nurturing experience for the kids...They get inspired and excited to act out, what they saw on TV, they love talking about it with...
Hey there :D   I read the first post and felt like agreeing - it is so quiet in here! I silently read for quite some time and feel so much need for discussion, sharing and connecting...   This is me:   I am 27 years old, going to be 28. I am not yet a Mom, but plan on becoming one some time next year ;) I live with my husband and our cats in Baltimore - right next to the local Waldorf school <3 I picked this house, because of that fact by the way. I was born...