or Connect

Posts by zjandosmom

My 3 boys went to Lin and we had zero issue with the religeous exemption for non-vax.  They didn't blink an eye.
Dr Marion Owen.  She is amazing.  We used to use Dr Herrman but switched to Dr Owen.  Our whole family sees her.  We moved 45 min away but make the drive back in town just for her.  She is fine with no/delay vacc and our intact son is not an issue.  Love her.
Letitia - I know how you feel!  I had to ease up and honestly my kids watched more TV this past year then in all my older's son's 11 years!  SOmetimes you just have to do what you have to do.  I felt like the worst parent ever but try to remember why you are in treatment.  I just kept telling myself it would all be worth it in the end...I would still be here in 10 years!  I did/do have some 'repair' work as far as my kids go but we are finally getting back to some kind...
I too was very small breasted, not even an A!  I was able to have a needle biopsy with just a local.  Is than an option or is there no palpable lump?  Good luck!
Hello all.  I had a mast and 6 weeks of radiation for breast cancer.  I am finally set to have my exchange surgery next week (8 months with tissue expanders is long enough).  Question for you all who did rads, how long until your energy returned 100%?  This past month I have finally felt like myself during the day but by 8 p.m. I am done and falling asleep on the couch.  I miss having any time in the evening for myself and my dh.  It's getting frustrating and now I'll be...
Aptoddler- yes, you are right that 20 min does not sound like much! I didn't express myself clearly....I meant 20 min as a 'filial therapy' ...something our therapist was working on with me in our sessions without ds. We are making every effort to be more ''in-tune' with him and make every second count. Yes, my illness stressed him immensly. He is very sensitive and keeps things close. He would NOT admit to being even worried about me to his therapist. She said as...
this was me last year. I had too much estrogen and too little progesterone. I started taking progesterone, magnesium, vit B and def felt better.
Ok, tell me if this sounds reasonable. My dh and I want to try one more approach before we have an eval done. We are going to start a log to record when these 'episodes' occur and any triggers we notice. We are going to spend 20 min one evening a week with special one-on-one time (something our couselor suggested) and basically ignore the comments he makes that are meant to provoke us. We have found that if we ignore (harder than it sounds sometimes) his comments and...
Thank you all for your thoughtful responses. You made me feel better...just being able to say all this "out loud" has been helpful. In my heart of hearts I think something is wrong. It just isn't normal for someone to be happy 'normal' one minute and a cursing, mean, depressed person the next. It is so stressful for all of us. I hate that all of us are walking on egg shells because of one 11 yr old boy. I hate that he is so unhappy much of the time. His counselor...
I think that seeing a psychiatrist for an eval is our next step. His therapist is not a psychiatrist but did an eval of sorts. She kept going back to the fact that he can hold it together for school and that if he had a real illness he would not be able to hold it together. We would see it other places other than home. I, of course, would love to cling to that theory but I also don't want to be the parent with their head in the sand. His therapist really felt that...