or Connect

Posts by Cheshire

Odds are you won't have any problems.  Sounds like you're worrying about a doctor's recommendation (even when you know a real medical reason to circ is extremely rare) and many, many doctors are wrong when they recommend this.    Well, welcome to parenthood!  :-)  Worrying about our little ones is such a huge part of the job.  Knowing to trust your instincts is also a must part of the job.  I've been there - my son developed a UTI and we had three doc's recommend...
Thanks!  Were there any state or city laws about cleaning?   And, did the steam cleaner you use have a special spot for the essential oil or did you just add it to the water?
Not sure where to put this - I'm really curious how do costume rental shops clean their rentals?  I figure for the costumes they dry clean?  What about the hats and wigs???   Anyone ever worked in a shop - how clean are they really?  What's the real scoop?
We have an Ooma as well.  We bought the system and now we pay $120 a year (so $10 buck a month).  It says we will still be charged monthly taxes (which would be about $4 a month) but we haven't seen a charge for it yet.  We couldn't find a land line anywhere near that cheap.  We like it.  And, yes, even without a land line you should be able to plug a phone into a phone jack and still dial out for 911.   I understand your concerns about power outages.  Have you tried...
Daydream about what it will be like when they are a little older.  It also brings me perspective to hold them while they are still little because they grow up way too fast.    Remind myself of who and what I am to them - they just want to be with me and are not trying to be annoying.  I remember how much my mom meant to me when I was little and that helps.    I hardly get time to myself so I try to find the silver lining.  Getting a little extra sleep when I can...
I'm in need of recommendations for shopping cart software that also has the ability to track rentals (calendar function, tracking of what's rented on what dates, etc.).   Anyone have good or bad rec's?
I'm trying to find a booster rated higher than 100 lbs.   My 7 yo is 97 lbs and about 4'3" (he's had a big growth spurt this summer so he could be a little taller).   I need to replace his current backless booster - does anyone have a good recommendation???  
Mine was open to it and she wanted to know why I wanted it.  I brought her a copy of this study (http://www.womenandbirth.org/article/S1871-5192%2808%2900081-4/abstract) and left it for her to read.   Next visit she said she liked the study and it would be fine with her if all was well.   A year after my daughter was born I went in for my regular check up. She was glad to tell me she'd been doing delayed clamping.  At one delivery the dad was super excited to see...
Where I'm at the real estate agents enter the sales price into their multi-listing database and that is what appraisers base their appraisals from.  There isn't a formal "recording" of the sales price.  If you take out a mortgage the paperwork might be filed at the courthouse but even that isn't a reflection of the sales price (it doesn't show if there was any kind of down payment - just the total of the amount borrowed).  If you sale your home on your own without using a...
My midwife with my first did the same thing.  DH said I tore right where she was stretching and it made him wince with pain when it happened. If she had left well enough alone I probably would have had just a tiny tear instead.   All types of care providers can suck and others can be the best in their field.    Sorry your sister's doc did that and I hope she's able to find a care provider who is more hands off next time.