or Connect

Posts by Cheshire

After losing my son to VCI we decided with our next pregnancy to find an OB and a perinatologist to work with us to make sure it didn't happen again.  We knew it would be rare for it to happen again but then again losing our son to it was supposed to have been rare.  When your the 1%, odds don't matter anymore.   http://www.preginst.com/UmbilicalCordAccidents2.pdf      Read page 31 especially for detecting and managing.   Umbilical cord accidents are more common...
I'm so sorry for your loss (and your friend's loss).  I agree with Ariahsmum - just be there.  When my son died I found out who my friends were - they were the ones who weren't afraid of my tears.  I could talk about him and they wouldn't change the subject or get all weird.  Their eyes would tear up, too, but they didn't look away.    She needs you.  I know I was in shock for a long time after his death.  I needed my own space but the friends that kept calling and...
I've had it twice and the most important thing I did was see a nutritionist and kept a food and blood sugar log.  I learned that I wasn't eating enough calories (I had to consume at least 2,000 with the right mix of fats, carbs and proteins).  Once I learned how to eat what I needed I felt so much better.   You can still have a beautiful pregnancy and birth - just be flexible, plans change even when we don't want them to.
  So, using the phrase "dead baby card" isn't inflammatory and offensive?      For my second son's birth I know he would have been saved had I received a c-sec.  Even if he hadn't, I would have risked it all to hold him now instead of his ashes in an urn.  Your faith may lead you to believe God controls it all but I believe in free will.  God didn't take my son because He "needed another angel" but I know God was there when my son took his last breath in my arms. For me,...
I'm 40 and I agree with so much that has been shared.   One of my latest "oh, crap, look at that..."  If I stand a certain way I get wrinkles over my knees.  Not a lot and not that most people would notice but it is only a sign of things to come.  Don't know why the eye wrinkles didn't bother me but wrinkly knees, sheesh!   I am much more comfortable with me.  I'm of the live and let live mind set.  I see each person for who they are (most of the time, far from...
My children's safety outweighs any friendship or neighborly relationship.  You won't be neighbors forever and you don't want to have to live with the repercussions of a dog bite forever.    This is in no way an 'acceptable' risk - this is a preventable tragedy.   It may be uncomfortable to deal with but ensuring your kid's safety has to be your and DH's first responsibility.  The faster you fix it the better.    
Hi, I have a couple of thoughts.  My second son's birth was traumatic and he died 12 hours after.  I lost a lot of blood and my family was scared for my safety as well.  I'm sure my parents were worried all through my third pregnancy but they did a good job of not letting it show too much.  DH and I had enough worries of our own to get through and went to counseling to help.   As you say, it's not her decision and also know that you aren't responsible for her...
Anyone use grocery tracking software?   I'm really interested in something with a bar code scanner.  I found Intelliscanner Mini online but the reviews for it's grocery tracking abilities aren't that great.   Also, I don't have a smart phone so that won't work.   Any suggestions?  Or, do you have a system you use that you love but you have to manually input the info yourself???   I'd love the scanner but software with great tracking/forecasting ability is...
Since you are neighbors could your DH ask her DH if they feel the midwife was at fault?  He could explain you're planning to use her again but with their loss you wanted to, without prying into details, just get their opinion on her skills.  Has the birth/death been investigated?   I lost my second son due to birth trauma and doubts formed as all the alarms were sounding and all hell broke loose in the delivery room.  When I got pregnant again I could not use my...
Congratulations!  What a beautiful boy.  Hug him extra tight, he is a miracle. My second son died almost three years ago from massive blood loss from a VCI - it is devastating.  Best wishes!