or Connect

Posts by Cheshire

My first came on his own five days past my due date. It was one constant contraction. After 12 hours of it I developed a migraine. I was so looking forward to the waves and was prepared for those but had no clue what to think of the constant contraction. So, with the migraine I opted for an epidural. Son was born about as textbook as can be. Pushed for 45 minutes and even with the epi I could feel the horrible pelvic pain. My second was an induction - not my choice...
We put our fingertips together and then pull our hands apart and down for all done (kind of a brush motion down and out). We looove signing, it makes such a difference for our kiddos.
I'm sorry feelings are so hurt and she isn't able to put her fiances wishes into the mix. Replacing his groomsmen stinks. If I were her future MIL I'd sit with them both and just ask why things seem so one sided in a non-confrontational way. This girl will more than likely be the mother of my grandbabies so I wouldn't start WWIII over it. If I were her future Aunt I'd keep repeating to myself "she's young, he's young and both are naive, forgive them because they...
Your children will learn to grieve by watching how you and your family handle this. By being open in your grief and explaining it in ways that are age appropriate you're doing your kids a huge favor so they don't have to be afraid of death when they grow up. My second son died 12 hours after his birth. We brought our 4yo son to the hospital to meet his brother. He didn't understand what was happening (it was all a shock to us) but he wanted to hold him and see his...
Talk to an expert (lawyer, CPA, etc.) - I think so long as you keep it separate from your DH's and any mixed accounts you may have he won't be able to touch it if you split later (you inherited it, not him and even in a community property state I think you can keep it separate). Do not co-mingle it. Take $1,000 and start your business. Put the rest in something you get penalized for touching but I don't think I'd put it in an IRA. A 6 month or 12 month CD would be...
Are you paying just the minimums now? If not how much do you pay regularly each month?
Congratulations! As far as your FIL is concerned, or any other things dealing with your DH's family, do what I've learned to do and that is follow your DH's lead. I used to spend way too much time getting upset over my MIL's blatant favoritism for my SIL over my DH. Finally a friend asked if my DH was upset about it. He wasn't really (he was used to it) and she said if he wasn't upset then I shouldn't get upset - he should be my barometer. When I would fume about...
and
DH can get over hurt feelings and learn more about the benefits of his son being left the way he was made. Your son cannot get over a circ - once done there's not going back (restoration may be close but not the same as the original). He will come around - be gentle with his feelings. You've done the right thing. Encourage him to spend time caring for your son as an infant. As he becomes comfortable caring for him diapering will come right along with it. Remind...
My son was 4.5 yo when his brother died shortly after his birth. It's been 1.5 years ago and I'm amazed at the depth of his grief. He still talks about his brother, all the plans he had for them to do together, etc. We have a daughter now who is six months old. DS says he wants both of his siblings, stuff like that. We've been very open with him in our grief. He knows how incredibly painful this has been but he also knows we have joy, even in our grief. We saw a...