or Connect

Posts by Cheshire

I'm so sorry you are struggling with this.  Have you come at it from a different angle - have you thought "well, okay, so what if you can blame this on the mom...  I didn't have the homebirth of my dreams...  I found out my midwife was a real a$$...  My partner struggles to support me emotionally through this...  My beautiful daughter is here even after a horrible, dramatic birth and I survived, too, even with many scars...  Do I want this to drag on me for the rest of...
When my DS gets angry we work with him in the moment to help him see what is acceptable to let off steam and what isn't.  Sometimes he gets so angry he can't hear us and in those cases we don't try and point anything out - we just wait until he is calm again.   My DS is almost 7 and he is 85 lbs.  He is tall for his age and there is no way I can physically restrain him without causing damage to myself and/or him.  If he was running toward the street I would have done...
I know exactly what you are talking about.  If you haven't ever looked into it before google visual spatial learner and see if you and your son have the characteristics.  Both DH and I are strong VS learners and so is our son.    If you are read the book Right Brained Child in a Left Brained World.  It helped me understand why teaching the whole idea first and then breaking it down into pieces is so important to the VSL.  And, that we understand more complicated work...
When I joined I tried to think of something that described me.  People say I have a smile on my face all the time so Cheshire just jumped out at me.    Years later DH pointed out that the Cheshire Cat in Alice is the one that gives her advice throughout the story (I've never read the book or watched the movie).  He thought that's why I had chosen the name.  I got a big kick out of it. But, alas, I cannot claim to be that vain or else I might have chosen Dear Abby or...
I agree to check with the bank personally.  Also, do what you need to protect your son's money first.  Worrying about offending his dad is a waste of energy.  Obviously you don't trust him or else you wouldn't have wondered about him "borrowing" the money.  If you need to close it and open a new account just do it.  If you son chooses to mention it to his dad you don't have to explain anything to him if he asks.  You could just say it was time for DS to open his own...
My son went through a spell like that - especially if he napped later than his usual nap time.  He would wake up screaming, crying, kicking.  No consoling would help.  We just had to let him get it out of his system, sometimes it took a couple of minutes, sometimes up to half an hour for him to regulate back to himself.  I would just remind him I was there if he needed me but if I tried to do more than that it would set him off again.   It lasted off and on for about...
I'm not in your area or I would attend - it sounds like an amazing idea.  Please keep us updated.  I'll also watch your website so if you ever come to my area I'll be there.   I'm so sorry for your loss.  My second son died two years ago and it would be nice to have others to talk to IRL.  Because time has passed others who haven't experienced this type of loss just assume I'm "over it."   Best wishes!!!
I'm not sure epsom salt baths will do much good for a yeast infection.  When my son had one we bought some Monistat (or whatever OTC yeast cream you can find) and just covered his penis with it at each diaper change and put a big blog on the tip of his foreskin (no retraction) before closing up his diaper.  It took about 10 days to clear it up but it worked like a charm.   We also tried to do a bit of diaper free time.  He got his yeast infection from wearing swim...
My son has had both a yeast infection when he was about 2 years old (from a summer spent in wet swim diapers) which cleared up quickly once we started treating it.  But, it did take a little longer than the 7 day treatment, more like 10 days.    Then, when he was around 4 he developed recurrent UTIs.  I searched high and low for an intact friendly urologist.  Our ped treated the UTI a few of times but after yet another round of antibiotics and a fourth culture came...
If it were me I wouldn't fudge it - it's not fair to them to not have accurate information to base your and your baby's care on.