or Connect

Posts by Cheshire

Quote: I would labor at home for as long as you can...perhaps even have a labor pool for that, if you really want the experience of water. But I would NOT go in pushing. With my second birth I labored at home (loved it), but then had to do the car ride during transition. NOT FUN. The baby was born shortly after reaching the hospital. I'm surprised my daughter wasn't born in our car last summer. I labored at home and we were ready to go but had to...
Opt out of marketing stuff through the Direct Marketing Association (or something like that, not positive of the name). Also, opt out of all credit offers - you can do this through the credit reporting agencies. Best of luck!
Hugs! You are more organized than you feel and don't compare yourself to others. My first son was high needs and colicky. He didn't sleep more than a two hour stretch until he was 18 months old. Teething issues can start that early, sure. Or, it may be reflux. My son had both. He didn't cut his first tooth until he was seven months but he started trying to around 3 months. The drool was unbelievable. He would go through at least three outfits a day and twice...
I recently purchased 4 pair (two sunglasses and two regular) all for under $90!!! I love them. I do need to have them adjusted because they are a little snug over my ears but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I figure I'll either try it myself with the hairdryer or take them into an eye glasses store. Love them - I get more compliments on the cheap frameless pair and people can't believe when I tell them how inexpensive they were. To make sure I got...
Quote: Originally Posted by wombatclay Aubergine68- You can order them, but it takes about a month to arrive (at least, around here) and it seemed... I dunno, kind of wasteful in terms of resources/carbon footprint to have them send another one. I'm on the fence though about printing vs catalog. I guess I'll see how I feel when the time comes! If it's the same "edition" of their current catalog I'd go with it. They were probably all...
How about selling the camper shell if you don't really want it and use that to fund the clutch repair. If it's just the clutch that needs fixing but the rest of the truck is in sound enough condition keep it. If you pay $4,000 for a car that gets 20 mpg and gas prices average $2.50 a gallon and you drive it 5,000 miles a year (you mention he doesn't drive it that often because he takes the motorcycle most of the time) it will take you 9.6 years to make up that $4,000...
Could you wait until the baby reaches viability so if something goes wrong your child has a chance? Is that a possibility with amnio? Would that satisfy both you and DH? You wouldn't have to wait until the birth and he might have more peace of mind. Maybe a second scan and opinion from another perinatologist? My second son died after his birth. When I was pregnant with my daughter we had early ultrasounds to make sure the problems with my son's umbilical cord weren't...
I love Old Navy pjs. We got a number of pairs as hand-me-downs for winter and now that the warmer weather has arrived I have to figure out where to find some without paying full price. My daughter just outgrows them way too fast. She's 8 months old and wears anywhere from 24 months to 3T (depending on the clothing manufacturer). I'm planning to hit the thrift stores and if I can't find any I might just go with some second hand t-shirts and soft shorts. I remember...
How old is your little one. If you are concerned talk to your ped about it. I know there is a certain time when they are little that plagiocephaly can be corrected. A number of different things can cause it - look it up online, you'll find a lot of great info out there. My daughter had it from birth (her head isn't flat, but asymmetrical and noticeable), caused by the way she was positioned in utero and I had two docs tell me it would clear up (we tried all the...
If you want to stick with a poetry theme how about something from Mother Goose or Where the Sidewalk Ends? Thomas the Tank Engine books have a lot of rhyming in them (like Stop Train Stop), but my favorite would be Wynken, Blynken and Nod. Just the first few lines create a whole "theme" of invitations, cupcakes/cake designs, etc., in my head: Quote: Wynken, Blynken, and Nod one night Sailed off in a wooden shoe--- Sailed on a river of crystal light, ...