or Connect

Posts by mama_b

I see you have decided to continue formula (which I think is great!), but if you're looking for an alternative milk, hemp milk is really good and healthy. Has good fats and tastes really good too!
Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy Why don't you ask your mom and your MIL if they have your growth charts from when you and your husband were little? It might give you more information. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. Nobody actually has the growth charts, but both dh and sil were really small. SIL especially. MIL has told me that ds reminds her so much of her, and if you look at both of their pictures at this age they are about the...
Not possible, sorry. I also have a Yaris. I live in fear of getting pg for the same reason, lol.
He is short, but he's in the 5th percentile for height, so he's on the chart. He used to drink a 4oz juice box of apple juice every day because dd did. I never gave them to dd at that age, but it's hard to keep things away from little ones when you have older kids that consume them! But anyway, we stopped giving those to him about a month ago and he has had maybe 2 since then when we went out to eat. If I didn't know his weight numbers AND I didn't see other kids his...
He is offered food all day long. I always leave out finger food for him like crackers or cereal, and he is offered about 4 or 5 small meals a day in addition to that, which could be anything. The problem is that he frequently changes what he will and won't eat. One day he'll eat something like it's his favorite food and the next day he'll take a bite and spit it out on the floor. It makes for a lot of frustration and a lot of wasted food. Like, he loved pediasure for...
I'm starting to really worry about my ds. He started out average on the growth charts. At around 7 months his growth started to slow and by his first birthday he was not on the charts at all. That sounds really worrisome, but my dd was the exact same way and is totally fine. She was actually in the 95th percentile at her 2 month well check and was not on the chart at all by her first birthday and although she grew she still wasn't on the chart on her second birthday. ...
I don't get FS, but I'm a cashier in a grocery store. Someone came through my line with cold potato salad from the deli and it wasn't covered by FS. I thought that was weird. I knew you couldn't buy hot prepared stuff, but I didn't know you couldn't buy cold prepared stuff. I wonder if you can buy deli meat. ETA: And also recently I had something that was covered that I totally didn't expect to be. I was like, "woah, cool!", and now I can't remember what it was. ...
About half of my kid's clothes are gifts. For the other half, I'd say that I spend about $75 on each for spring/summer and again for fall/winter. So about $300 per year total. But my kids are really particular about comfort and only wear very basic clothes. Soft t-shirts, stretchy pants/shorts, stretchy soft sundresses for dd. I buy most of their clothes at Walmart and Target.
I'm sorry you're in this situation. But honestly, I would move into a hotel or back with your parents before I would move into that house. Mold is nothing to mess around with. You say your clothes smelled for hours after being there? And you're considering LIVING there, and with a small child? No way. Doesn't sound safe at all.
"They" REALLY don't like you to skip the newborn screening. I've heard of babies being taken away just to have it done and then given back. It seems like you really have to jump through hoops to decline that one and then you risk them forcefully doing it anyway. I refused the eye ointment, vitamin K, and hep B after both my kids births with no problems, but I allowed the newborn screening because it just wasn't worth the fight.