or Connect

Posts by PrimalJoy

We had the same issue when we had our daughter. My husband really wanted the kids to have his last name, and I have kids from a previous marriage who don't have my last name, so I decided to give these kids his name so that all the kids seem equally unrelated to me. :-) Just be prepared that, whatever last name you give them is what school staff will call you. They still call me by my previous married name (since my older kids have that name) no matter how often I correct...
Oxford -- I will second everything Mamablue said, and add that I think the #1 mothering skill is knowing to do whatever it takes to get a job done, even if it's not in the way you had planned on starting out. I think that calling on some medical science if needed is showing that you are persistent and committed, and those are essential to being a mom. Enjoy your low pressure month! I'm glad you're feeling positively about the road ahead.
I had planned on circ'ing my oldest (hubby felt as yours did, no religious reason, just what was expected), but the baby had a low platelet count after birth, so we couldn't schedule surgery at that time. When we took him to the pediatrician about seven days after his birth, they said they couldn't do it then, that we would have to wait until he was a few years old and could tolerate general anesthesia. It turned out to be such a blessing, as I (with the help of my...
Ooh, Oxford, just noticed that you're 9 dpo! Crossing everything for you!
Crissy - That's exciting! I have tattoos but haven't gotten a new one in years. You'll have to share a pic or tell us more about it if you'd like to. :-)   Lindscott - Wishing you well on your 2ww! Hang in there! Nothing exciting over here. Had a work trip last weekend, so I'm going to try to have a low key weekend coming up. DH is going out of town, but my big kids will be with me to help out. If we're very lucky and industrious, we might even get our community garden...
I just wanted to validate what you're feeling, and say that I can relate! I would like to like birth, but it's always been a very mixed bag for me. I've had one unmedicated birth at a birth center, and two deliveries in the hospital with midwives after transfer (once for fetal distress, and once for prolonged ROM without labor). I love it when the baby finally comes, but all the uncertainty leading up to it just kills me. I made the decision to have a hospital delivery...
Lindscott -- I think it's great that you spoke up. People have no idea how common IF is or how hurtful those attitudes and comments can be. I have nothing but admiration for people who desire children so much they are willing to go through all the effort, expense, and discomfort of IF treatment. Hold your head high.  AFM -- I'm hanging in, just don't want to whine too much. I'm just so exhausted. I can't stand for more than a few minutes without feeling sick. I feel...
Oxford -- Sending you hugs and support. This journey must be so difficult. I'm hoping so hard with you that this is your month and you have some relief from the med roller coaster soon.
Oh, Chuord. You must be so frustrated and disappointed. You've gone through so much for so long. I will hope for you that the blood test holds some different news. If not, we are all still here for you and holding you in our hearts as you go forward.
Appt went really well, aside from having a male med student do part of it. I am not okay with male providers for my gyn and pregnancy stuff, and it was extra annoying because I'd intentionally made sure my appt was with a female. He was fine, and I do get that students need to learn, I just wasn't in the mood for the surprise. Otherwise it went well. I really liked the doc I eventually saw, and she agreed that there's no reason for me not to switch over to the midwife...