or Connect

Posts by RebeccaJF

Just a thought, I didn't read all the comments here so maybe this has already been mentioned, but putting soothing music on before bed and while your son is falling asleep may be helpful. Specifically, harp music has been found to be extremely soothing for children. I suggested this to my husband whenever one of our babies is fussy because they want me and I'm not available. He has mentioned over and over how quickly they quiet down.   I understand your frustration...
We have a foster son who is 8 and was very abused. He was extremely defiant and verbally and physically abusive to me - I ended up with bruises and being constantly hit, kicked, and bit and I was a couple months prego. We were able to get it under control within a couple weeks with very consistent time outs for any offense including rolling of eyes. It is a form of disrespect to show dishonor when an adult is talking to a child. We don't expect our children to be perfect...
A special Valentine's Day party is what we will be having at home with our 3 sons and two foster children. It is important in our house that each child feel special and that they are loved no matter how many kids we have or how long they are in our home. This is why Valentine's Day is a family affair for us. Our Valentine's Meal will be heart themed. Heart shaped pancakes, honey dribbled on plates in the shape of a heart, heart shaped napkins, yogurt frozen in the shape...
I was raised in a big family as well - I was the oldest. My parents were very picky about what the older siblings were allowed/not allowed to do for the younger siblings. I got in trouble when I tried to use "authority" I hadn't been given. I really think that the issue is with the parents not the older siblings.   I don't know that there are any "right" ways to decide spacing of kids. Personally, my three boys are around 2 years apart mostly because at a certain point,...