or Connect

Posts by boongirl

I would cut out the biggest size and then place it on the paper you plan to use to make patterns. Trace the largest size. You now have that as a pattern. Cut the original pattern to the next size, trace, and you now have the second size as a pattern. Keep cutting and tracing the original pattern until you have all the sizes you need on pattern paper. As long as you start large and work your way down, it should work.
Quote: Originally Posted by hip_mama The pic is super sweet and she is HOT! What did the article say? The focus of this issue is beauty at any age. They feature a lot of the older super models, which is why I bought it. In fact, the cover model, Linda Evangelista, is pregnant in that photo (she is due in Oct) at age 41. Many of the models featured and interviewed have had children. One has 4 under the age of 7! The article for which this...
I only know one nonvaxed child in real life, who actually got his first vax yesterday at the age of 3 and a half. But, my child and he have grown up together and there is very little difference between the two of them, developmentally and health-wise. They are both sharp as a tack, highly verbal, and have very good physical development. They both get the occasional cold or flu but they are mostly very healthy. PS He got his first vax yesterday, the dtap, because his...
There is lots of speculation on the internet that Keith is the one asked to leave because some of his sketches in the portfolio he used to audition were almost identical to some runway fashions by noted designers. But, it is all speculation. Can't wait to find out for real!
I am glad Mothering Mag focuses so much on babies and young children because that is what I have at home. It is such a small magazine, there is not room to have a diverse perspective. If there were more articles on raising teens or tweens, I don't think I would find that as interesting. When my child gets older, I probably will stop subscribing. But, that is ok.
I am kind of on the fence about the topic of gifts that are not appreciated by me. On the one hand, I would love for my child to only have beautiful cloth and wood toys but on the other hand, I think it is rude to dictate too much what others can buy as a gift. I have sent some toys to Goodwill, especially the ones my grandmother sends. They are often inappropriate for her age or they are used and a bit yucky or they are just weird. But, my grandmother lives in another...
I took zoloft for almost 2 years while nursing dd. I took it starting when she was about a year and nursing exclusively until she was almost 3 and weaned. (She weaned at 2.5) I never worried about the timing of it. Nobody ever mentioned that to me and I did not think of it on my own. Looking back, I don't think I would have worried about that since dd was nursing round the clock. I went to Dr. Hale's website and did my own research and talked to my naturopath and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nora'sMama Boongirl, as I read it Kajira wasn't trying to define MDC, she just wanted to remind us that when we put down people (FF'ers by choice, etc.) because we think it's "our space" and we can vent, we are forgetting that many many people come here and read what we write and form an opinion about MDC based on that. I think you two are in agreement. But maybe *I've* misunderstood! : Okay, I may just be on an...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kajira MDC has set it self up as the premier forum dealing with breastfeeding, non vax-ing, gentle parenting and cloth diapering. Do not for one moment forget that MDC is not a private board with limited membership, anyone can view many of the forums here and we hold a member ship of over 50 thousand and altho many do not post, many read, not only that but they direct others to read our views, many times I've been directed...
Quote: Originally Posted by thismama Do you really think that breastfeeding is SO important that it is worth enduring weeks and months of pain and frustration, exhaustion, and/or compromising one's mental health? No, I do not and those who shame mamas who cannot bf should be ashamed of themselves. I am not a christian but I did learn a good lesson from the bible: judge not lest ye be judged. Walk a mile in someone's shoes before you...