or Connect

Posts by momtoTnT

Quote: Originally Posted by kcparker My high-needs, reverse cycling DS1 nightweaned and started sleeping through the night on his own at around 15 months of age. YMMV, but that was my return to sanity. This was us too. Although, throw in there - I moved out of the family bed in the middle of the night at around this age, and she didn't notice one bit that I wasn't there - that was the start of our night weaning and the beginning of the end of...
My DS was a very slow writer too (he's now in 1st and still slow, but he's getting better). He also has an awkward grip - the OT we saw about his fine motor skills wasn't concerned about his grip, but did give us some suggestions for strengthening his hands - play with playdoh, practice cutting, use wooden spoons to write in rice/shaving cream/oatmeal, use fingers to write in rice/shaving cream/oatmeal, finger painting, sidewalk chalk, use a squeeze bottle of water and...
On the bottle issue - my dd never ever took a bottle ever - no matter what was tried -- every nipple imaginable, sippy cups, syringe feeding, spoon feeding - she wanted it straight from the tap and that was that. She gagged on any type of artificial nipple (including pacifiers). She would drink water from a cup, but not BM. We even tried formula once or twice because we thought maybe it would be different enough - she just gagged on it. What she ended up doing is reverse...
Sort of, but it was unintentional. Both of my kids names start with T -- DD's name had been decided years before in the event we had a girl. We had a hard time finding a boys name - when we came up with one, we were not thinking at all about the future daughter that we didn't have and didn't know if we would ever have. When I got pg with DD, and found out she was a girl, one of the first things we thought of was "great - now we're going to have a family of T's." ...
When mine were that age, we did a few different things - I either put on a movie/kids show for them to watch while I was in the shower (or switching laundry downstairs), I waited until they were napping (if I was home that day - although then that meant I didn't get a shower until the middle of the day, and by that time, I often felt like why bother!) or I brought them into the bathroom with me. Can you put a towel on the floor so it doesn't get as wet/slippery? We had...
I haven't read through the entire thread (first/last page) but wanted to chime in. Quote: Originally Posted by karimac I live about 20 minutes south of Madison, in Edgerton. I'm in Edgerton too! But I'm from Madison, I work in Madison, the kids are in Madison schools and we hope to move back to Madison as soon as the housing market turns.
My oldest we could lay down awake and he'd just fall asleep, quietly, on his own. He did that until he was about a year or so (not quite sure)....then he started to need some help falling asleep. My second babe....not so much...actually she never did, until she was over a year, and then she only needed less help, not no help.
Quote: Originally Posted by blizzard_babe I'm torn. DH was in scouting as a kid and had a great experience. But their "official" stance on religion and LGBT issues is just not something I want to support. It's so hard, because, at the younger ages and at the local level, the LGBT stuff is pretty much a non-issue. But the religion... day-to-day stuff often involves mention of a deity. But... scouts are FUN! And that's the hard thing. Spiral Scouts...
I have one in K and one in 1st. We're in Wisconsin Last year for K, my DS had homework sent home only on Friday - it usually only took him 5 minutes (or less) to complete - unless he had work sent home to finish that he didn't get done in clas. This year in K, (different teacher) we've yet to see any homework come home for DD- just lots of encouragement to read to her often. DD makes up her own "homework" though and is often practicing whatever she is working on at...
TY everyone! I just received some additional info from the pack leader (I think that is the correct term....) and it sounds great. I'm excited for DS.