or Connect

Posts by opally

Hi everyone - so happy to find this thread. I'm 40, 7 weeks along with my 4th, and am still in a state of half-shock about it, though I've known for a few weeks now. It's such a fluke that we conceived - with our youngest, who is 5, it took us nearly a year, and this one was absolutely unexpected (and a warning for me not to rely on fertility-observation in the future...) I'm still reeling from the surprise of it all. My dh is thrilled, but I'm a bit less-than. In...
Quote: Originally Posted by TribeMomma god Milo is freaking hawt! Each episode I swoon a bit more over that boy, and tonight he was in fine, fine form ! I expected things to play out a bit more dramatically, but it was great. So Sylar lives on in the sewer with the cockroaches ???
Brain, Child. It's an outstanding magazine - I love, love, love every issue I've seen. I still love Mothering too, but I totally see what you mean about moving past it a bit.
At the top of my TJ"s list would be Two Buck Chuck - the Charles Shaw wines - I think they are all good - the merlot is great - and for $2-3 a bottle, you can indulge ! The nearest TJ's is a couple of hours away - we go with two coolers and really stock up, because their prices are way, way better than our local HFS. Some of the things other folks have mentioned are great (esp the potstickers - so good). I don't normally get a lot of prepared foods, but I do on a big...
I would get a couple of big jugs of white vinegar and splash it all over the deck to help neutralize the pee - maybe after doing that a few times the cats will stay away. That worked when we had a stray cat spraying our front porch.
Gross but very, very effective way of dealing with pantry moths - you can get little sticky traps that have a phermone bait - they fly in, and that's that. We've had many mini-infestations of them, and I was sick of throwing out food. I keep one of those little stickies at the bottom of the pantry, and can't tell you the last time I saw a moth (or wriggly worm in my pasta). Quite ruthless, but I can live with that easier than I can with throwing away pounds and...
I had never heard of this until the thread in the main MHM page - it looks great ! Another Flylady dropout here - this looks more manageable somehow, and the visual checklist seems like it would be great. Off to order !
We had problems with pantry moths, and I found a fairly quick & easy, though gross fix - a moth trap at Lowes. It doesn't use chemicals, it is a sticky trap with a little phermone lure. It's a triangular piece of cardboard, sticky on the insides, with a little red square you toss in on the sticky part. It's really effective, though a bit sad to see the dead stuck moths...
Just popping back to this thread with a quick update - we got the kit (at our local hardware store, it's an Ace Hardware kit, $12) and installed it - I love it. Super easy to hook up, the moisture is not a problem at all, the air is nice & warm, and it smells great too. For anyone who is thinking about doing this, I really recommend it !
Quote: Originally Posted by mamao'two honestly, we don't really "afford" it but its a sacrifice we are willing to make. Same here, and it looks like I'm the rare one who will go ahead and say it - we have a ton of credit card debt because of it. An obscene amount. We live super frugally, but there are times when we just don't make ends meet. I do what I can to bring in income (working 2 mornings a week with kiddos along, I Ebay, etc.), but...