or Connect

Posts by maryc63

You may also want to look at birthrite midwifery, and great expectations, both are amazing midwives. The Birth Center has had some problems in the past I'm not sure if they have had them resolved. You can often find a lot out on health grades.com and just googling for other people's experiences, of course the ones with bad experiences are often the most outspoken. If it were me and I was looking for and out of hospital CNM birth I'd choose Rebecca McInnis at great...
Just be honest with her, let her know how much you value her and her services. Let her know of the unespected expenses and ask if there is a payment plan that will work for the both of you or if there are any services you could provide as trade. 
The further east in Murray the better... What part of Murray are you looking at? There is a wonderful "crunchy"  mommas group, very supportive and non-judgemental. My favorite midwives are Marci Roundy of Brickyard Birth and Rebecca Williams of Great Expectations. Both of them practice in/close to Murray. They are both OOH providers.
Just WOW,  I have been doing career day at my daughters' elementary school for 3 years and the teachers are always excited to have me back. I usually define what a doula is ie, a woman who helps moms when they have babies. Then i walk them through a guided realxation exercise and tell them that this is a wonderful way to prepare for a test or if they need a shot or when they are at the dentist. I usually will leave them a treatas well either a honey stick or lifesavers...
I started out teaching Bradley Method and I really do love the method. I have been on a hiatus for nursing school for quite some time and stopped teaching. I am now a doula and offer my own brand of childbirth classes. They are 5 weeks long and cover all of the basics of Bradley and have other techniques and information added in. I have not had any of my students complain about the short sessions, having too much information, or not having the information they needed. I...