or Connect

Posts by g&a

Aaawwwwww....
I live in Canada.  We need socks. Plus, I tend to have small babies and they need all the help they can get keeping warm.  Now that I say it, though, this guy could surprise us and be huge and confortable, who knows.   here we are > calm down!!  Babies need basically nothing. Get out the tiny diapers and the smallest clothes and a couple of blankets and don't worry about the rest.
Yikes.  let us know how it goes!
  I wish I did, those things are spendy.  I am the only person I know who cans or does any of that stuff.    I will often freeze the chicken bones for later if I can't put them in the crockpot right away.  Actually that's what I'm doing sometime this week - getting all the bones out of the freezer so the meat order can fit in!    Our meat order is beef, unfortunately, not chicken with bones, though.  I live in beef country and chicken is actually way more expensive here. ...
OMG it's so rediculous, I want to reogranize every drawer and cupboard in the house!  This just hit so suddenly.  I'm afraid I'll make gigantic messes and then run out of energy to finish the job LOL.  I just realized we have no baby socks OMG, must run to the store for baby socks!
I am hoping to make as many batches of bone broth as possible to have in the freezer.  Then I can make a quick soup on the fly.  My kids LOVE soup and it's so healthy for you so I think this could work.  Plus it will be fresh veggie season so it shouldn't be too difficult to find things to pop into a soup or meal-sized salad.  First couple of weeks hubby will be home and food is his job. ;) (in theory anyway) We have a tiny appt sized freezer and a meat order coming in...
oh wow! sounds like fun! (kidding.)   I doesn't get too hot very often where I live so I don't have a lot to add but my big plan is to drink lots of homemade lemonade slushes to stay cool.  Staying hydrated is a huge concern being preggo, so I think this is killing two birds with one stone.
She kicked you in the knee and dislocated it??  omg!  twice! wtf, I'd be mad, too.   Sounds like you are at the end of your rope and could use to talk to a counsellor of some kind.  I don't know what your options are - some health insurance plans - at least where I live - will have counsellors you can use for free.  Or maybe there's something available through your church?  I was there a couple of weeks ago and counselling really helped.  Two sessions was all I used,...
Awwww... you guys make me feel so much better about myself!  Thanks for that, by the way ;)   I have 2 weeks plus two days left of work hallelulah!!  DH took a week of holidays so help out with the last push since I was um... not coping well at all (understatement of the century) with being single-working-pregnant-mom while he was away.  What a blessing it has been to have him home.  Our nanny quit in March and childcare has been an absolute nightmare, so I'm really...
I just read the other thread and want to add diapers and camera to my list. Also, it's good to think about what if you have to transfer and stay longer.  If it's a lot longer someone can bring more stuffs.  Thinking maybe extra diapers, pads, clothes for baby, nipple cream,   Also wondering what herbs people put in their peri bottles - I've kindof forgotten about that.  Calendula I'm thinking for sure.   I like to travel light.