or Connect

Posts by g&a

Just for fun I went back to the archives of my old DDC from the last baby.  Found the thread from when we were induced.  Humerous now, boy, it brings back memories about what that was like. http://www.mothering.com/community/t/815289/low-amniotic-fluid-induction-edited-babys-here   And remembering about how damn important it was to me to VBAC.  Here's a comment from after she was born that summs it all up:   "You know, this VBAC thing is so many million miles...
  Tenk- I LOVE that you call it a permanent smile.  I resented mine for the longest time for what it represented.  (also, were you in the January 2008 DDC??)
I have to laugh, it's snowing here again.  again.  It feels like we still have to go through spring and get halfway through summer before this baby comes - that's 2 seasons away.  Forever, basically.   In order to tell you what week I'm at I have to do backwards math - 8 weeks of mat leave (starting June 1) + 7 1/2 weeks left of work = 15.5 weeks left till my due date - 40= I'm halfway through week 24.  Obviously the important thing here is getting off work LOL.  I...
I am totally in!  Thank you so much for organizing! Now we just have to come up with a Very Cool Idea. (thinking)
I would have 2 wet bags - one to be in the wash and one in the pail.  Also, a couple of smaller ones for in the diaper bag are a good idea.  My kids still take these to school with them with their spare clothes.   You will want your wet bags to fit your diaper pail (this seems obvious but I made my own and made the first one too small).  Measure your diaper pail and go from there.  Incidentally, wet bags are super easy to make - you just find some PUL or nylon even...
ok, I just saw your registry question now, wow, pregnancy brain is in full force here.   You are right, you don't need a whole bunch of stuff for a baby.  Diapers, clothes, a place to sleep and some kind of good carrier.  I find that people usually give clothes and toys as gifts so don't buy much of those unless there is something special you want (I can't resist getting one or two special things just for fun).  A good carrier is indespensable in my opinion.  There...
Welcome!!
my, condolences, hugs to you and your family.  My heart breaks for you.
  oh wow, the fairview is so perfect!  Thankyou so much!  Now to decide black or oatmeal, what do you guys think?
Funny, I thought that all of Canada was the same.  My mistake.  In Alberta we are actually offered 2 - one at 12 weeks which is for genetic screening.  I'm not sure if most people get that one or not, certainly those of us using midwives don't do it as much.  It's just for screening (for chromosonal abnormalities) and the information gained is not very definitive so many women skip it.   My sister-in-law had an 8 week and will have a 12 week in addition to the 18 week...