or Connect

Posts by g&a

Haven't even thought much about names yet.  Historically, we've sucked at this part.  for DD#1 we only ever had one name so good thing she was a girl or we'd be scrambling.  DD#2 was born surprise and month early and we had nothing so left the hospital without having named her (not recommended, by the way).  Hubby has decided he wants to name the baby River if it's a boy or girl.  I'm not sure.  I'd like to hear a heartbeat and feel this is a little bit more real before...
I CANNOT WAIT for 12-13 weeks.  I am really hoping to be feeling better at some point soon.  I'm really feeling useless and not myself these days.  Having trouble working a full week, taking care of family etc.  I bought a bunch of prepackaged stuff for kids lunches so those can be made quickly and have been doing nothing at home... not like me at all. 
I still haven't told most people at work - was waiting to hear a heartbeat which won't be till 13 weeks - the week after next.  I'm getting tired of hiding under bulky sweaters, though, and today I just couldn't do it so it's pretty obvious with this outfit (if you were looking) that something fishy is going on.  I'm waiting for someone to say something because I'm at that fun stage where that could be super awkward and people will wonder but not ask. I'm toying with...
Woo Hoo! Congrats!  Makes it so much more real, don't you find?   I can't wait to hear a heartbeat at least.  My sister in law just miscarried and I am worried about that.  Not for any real reason except that it happens to lots of people.
We found a bucket carseat handy for our winter baby,  You can bundle them all up in the house and then not have to redo it all when you get into the car.  She was tiny (preemie) so we always wanted to keep her warm.  We didn't carry her around in it, though, those things are killer. 
good luck! I am sure you will end up with exactly the kind of care you need.  If the midwives are not comfortable taking you then it's probably not the place for you.  I would doubt that those three things would risk you out of midfiffery care, though.  They don't seem unsurmountable.
My baby essentials:   diapers and wipes - Cloth or disposable or both.  Cloth wipes are awesome.  We actually wore ours out they got so much use. clothes - You get tonnes of these as gifts though.  Don't buy any until you know what you need.  You don't know how big your baby will be or what shape (long and thin, chubby legs, etc).  Best to have a couple of outfits in the first few sizes and then shop for more later, and see what you get as gifts.  carrier - I...
I have to agree with wrenmom - we buy new shoes too.  It's hard to find good ones that fit right, and if the kids don't want to wear them you will be buying more new shoes anyways.   here we are: wool is not completely waterproof.  I found that it would leak through and leave a wet spot if she was sitting and peed.  (compression leak, I think they call it)  I could be doing it wrong, but that didn't go over well.  And I love natural fibers and hate plastic so this...
Hugs to you.   My SIL just went through this waiting thing - it's a patience game, isn't it? Wishing you well.   g.
Funnily enough, I still have the diapers I bought for kid #2.  Couldn't get rid of them because they're all mismatched and mostly flats which are not really common or popular.  I will probably use the flats again - they really are best for fit, and not as complicated to deal with as people make them out to be.  I think I'll get some new covers, though,  PUL ones, I ended not loving the wool which was a huge shock.  I also have some GMD prefolds (someone was asking about...