or Connect

Posts by rose11

I would like to make up a list for my husband to be able to refer to during my labor of things he can do to help so he doesn't necessarily have to ask. Things like 'make sure to offer fluids/ice, facial/lower back massage, play music, keep lights low, use aromatherapy items, etc.'. This is my second birth, but first time having my husband with me. What would you have on your partner's list?
I just did a search from the Bradley website and found a few instructors nearby. As far as LLL, they used to have meetings in Johnson City at Shakti in the Mountains, but stopped holding them a few months ago, which was extremely disappointing. They still have API meetings, but I'm not sure if they still hold them at Shakti, or if they've moved to another location.
I would have pronounced it like Adelaide without the D before you referenced Adelaide...
Any of you ladies have severe, hay-fever type seasonal allergies? I have been trying so hard to not take anything, but I've been so miserable the past few days, I'm about to break down... The neti pots do not work... As soon add my nasal passages are clear, they immediately get congested again... I could continuously blow my nose and the snot would never stop, honestly. So now I'm doing some research on natural remedies-even SOME relief would help, as I'm sure nothing...
I am 15 weeks today (far behind some of you ladies!) and feeling SO much better... Rarely have any nausea any more, not so exhausted, sec drive has picked up (which DP GREATLY appreciates), and just on a better mood in general. We are going for our scan on June 3 - hopefully will have the tech write the gender on a card for us to open later, but we definitely want to know! I feel like it make things a lot more real for us - this is my second and DPs first, and we have...
We go for our anatomy scan in 5 weeks. For my first pregnancy, I wanted a boy so badly, and was so convinced it was a boy. When the us tech said flatly, "it's a girl," it was so anticlimactic, and I was so disappointed. I definitely needed time to get used to the idea of having a girl. This time DP wants a boy and I'm trying so hard to be neutral, but all I can think of are girls names! I felt awful about being disappointed last time. We will find out, but I think...
Yogi I, I had different brands and types given to me, so I was lucky enough to be able to try lots of different kinds. I still use ALL of them, but definitely have preferences. I think you really just have to try them and see what works best for you and your LO. And it might change as your babe gets bigger, too.
I had a couple of very generous folks give us various brands/types of cloth diapers when DD was born a couple years ago, and I also have some small and medium cloth diaper kits from Wazoodle that I never put together last time, so I think we are set. I loved using cloth, but I slacked off mostly after my daughter turned a year old. Excited to be getting all that out again, gonna have to get sewing soon!
I had a couple of very generous folks give us various brands/types of cloth diapers when DD was born a couple years ago, and I also have some small and medium cloth diaper kits from Wazoodle that I never put together last time, so I think we are set. I loved using cloth, but I slacked off mostly after my daughter turned a year old. Excited to be getting all that out again, gonna have to get sewing soon!
DD and I have been going through the blackberries like crazy... They are $2.50 for a small container here. One night I came home and are a whole container of strawberries and a container of blackberries for dinner... Sounds pretty good right now actually... Fruit smoothies have definitely been on my crave list too.