or Connect

Posts by kmamma

Thanks guys. I might buy one of those.    I since read that emf strength goes down significantly just a few feet away, so I'm not too concerned as long as I'm several blocks away. No, really, it's just too hard to live away from it all. Sigh....
A cotton round dispenser! I will probably make a 'lid' for it too with a small embellishment, and shorten the hanging loops a little. I love this yarn, Cascade's Ultra Pima cotton in natural. I'd like to try out their fine variety and different colors. 
We're moving back to the city and I'm trying to find a place that's far away from things like a gas station, dry cleaner, but also that pesky new light rail that's expanding in our city. So I'm curious if anyone might now just how far the radiation from these lines travel and what a safe distance would be. 
I'm looking for a non-toxic mattress that is on the soft side and not too expensive. I have previously had a cotton futon from White Lotus and from what I remember, my body liked it. This was three years ago and in the meantime I've been using a very old foam mattress (from childhood!) on top of thin, bouncy wood bars. I just moved overseas and my husband bought a used microfiber futon for us which is quite thick, but after just one night my entire right side was...
My son, then 2, and I both had that following a stomach bug a few years ago. But then we had pretty bad diarrhea, and he also threw up quite a bit. It was first yellow, then white poop. Then returned to normal after a week or so. I figured a lot of bile had been wasted. But as for your son, there could be something else going on.  
I'm moving into a metropolitan area and want to stay a safe distance away from the international airport. I read a study where they measured things like cancer prevalence in a radius of 35 miles. Is that how far away one should live if not wanting to be exposed to toxic emissions? The particular airport is Mpls/St Paul. It's big, but not as big as say O'Hare. 
I've made a few attempts at soaking cream of wheat in water with a bit of yogurt. I put it over my fridge where the temperature is a consistent 75 degrees. This time I've let it sit for 2 days, but I'm not sure it's even fermented yet. It smells like bread. Not too different from how it started out.    Also, the crust that forms on top, does this prevent the dough from fermenting? Is there a way to prevent the crust from forming? When I used to soak flours in the...
I'm not sure, but I don't think the backs have a ton of gelatin. It's mostly in the joints of the chicken. Could you get your butcher to save necks for you? That'll make your stock gel. Or adding wings and thighs. Overall though, I don't think chicken stocks gel up as firmly as does beef stock. Though it should still gel completely, just a little softer.
I would say it's fairly similar, but American parents tend to hold on to traditional practices more so than at least Swedish parents (can't speak for the other Scandinavian countries). I myself fall somewhere in between, and I kind of think that Swedes have gotten way too lazy about guiding their kids. I like to give my kids space to figure many things out on their own, but I'm not afraid to tell them if something is just plain wrong, such as throwing rocks on a nursing...
Do you mean a descriptive book on how parenting is done 'the Scandinavian way', or self-help books written for Scandinavian parents? I don't know any of the former kind (though you may come across references in books about Scandinavian culture), but books I've enjoyed written in English are those by Danish author Jesper Juul. And of course, in those you will also find references to how things are generally done, and was done in the past. The last one I read, and loved,...