or Connect

Posts by Rainbow2911

My dd is 8 years old and mostly a sweetpea. But when something isn't right with her? Watch out! She's very stubborn and seems absolutely determined to escalate things as far as possible. All sorts can set her off, tiredness, illness, disappointment. Heading her off early with distraction or humour works wonders. But sometimes we miss the early signs and off she goes. Her behaviour tends to stuff that cannot be ignored (which is my first instinct as I think a lot of it...
I'm not doing too well with this so far! Not had any no spend days at all yet, and we over spent today on groceries. But I don't expect to have any no spend days at the beginning of this month as it's likely to be crazy. My dh is donating bone marrow next week so we'll be travelling and eating out for a few days for that. Although we'll be reimbursed for all those expenses so maybe that counts as no spend...  I really need to watch what we buy the rest of the month...
I don't have any answers for you i'm afraid. I was coming here to ask a similar question - i'm a week late, crampy but no period. And definately not pregnant (no sex this month plus dh has had a vasectomy anyway). At what point does it stop being hormone weirdness and start being something you visit a doctor for?    i hope your ultrasound gives you some answers. 
I really need to join too! I am Ruth, a SAHM and student parent to 3. It's been a really expensive year so far (I got married and there were also 2 other family weddings and 2 new babies to welcome) so we really need to stick to our budget and get our debts paid off.  My biggest downfall is a certain local shop which I am going to try and avoid going into more than once a week. All the stuff in there is a good price and useful but I can do without about 80% of it! I...
My son loves the horrible history, science and maths books. His school library seems to have an unending supply! We've also been reading the Debi Gliori 'pure dead' series.
Ooh that sounds good. Would definatly help in the immediate future for his teacher (and us at home) to keep him entertained. A teacher suggested today that I start talking to the govenor in charge of special needs as they could help get him a tutor in school (a private tutor is out of the question financially). She's never heard of a child getting an IEP for being gifted, but then no teacher I've spoken to has ever experienced of heard of a kid like mine! Bless...
I am looking for advice and suggestions - especially from people who know the UK system. My 9 year old is very gifted. He's academically excellent all round but has an especial gift in maths. He has been teaching himself, with a GSCE book in a quiet corner at school this term and has blown through the foundation stage in just under 3 months. His maths 'teacher' (she said herself he has yet to recieve a maths lesson!) hasn't got any further than GCSE herself so is...
My kids will take the cod liver oil (orange flavoured) if they have some milk or kefir to chase it with. I personally find the orange flavour disgusting, really fishy. But I actually like the cinnamon flavour! Not fishy at all to me. Whereas the rest of the family loathes it. So I think it's a matter of finding the type that works for you. Such a shame they don't sell little taster packs. I would have started using it years ago but I was scared to spend that much on...
I had a huge fear of this especially when I was a single parent. My eldest was able to memorise how to call for help and in what circumstances from a very early age thankfully. Such a sad story. :(
The chewelry looks really useful - would probably make his clothes last a bit longer! He has some seriously frayed sleeve ends and jumpers.