or Connect

Posts by mamajr1

Thank you for your input. The thing is we are at a point where he doesn't want to change his mind and I'm not going to change the way I feel. So, it's like what do I do? Let it slide or take a stand? I guess it depends on how much I want to stay with him and at what sacrifice? I'm not trying to be completely disregarded and disrespected. I just don't get it. However, I'm trying to give the marriage a chance, but I think he's already asking a lot to have me deal with him...
I do feel as though his brother's ex-wife hits on him, so I guess I don't trust her. But I also feel that once you are married, a man doesn't need to stay at any woman's house, especially a single woman, without his wife. He can stay at a hotel or with friends or family.
I posted this under blended family and steps, but I thought I'd post here too. It's really bugging me. Here's the situation. My dh of 6 mos now ( we dated for four years prior to the marriage in a long distance relationship), has a dd (7) who he doesn't see very often because he travels for his job and is often on long assignments. I too do not see him often (I've seen him twice since October). We have agreed that we would allow him to keep this position for two years...
I just want to add a couple of things to set the record straight. a. I am definitely not jealous of him spending time with his dd. She lives in a neighboring city a few hours away and he is there visiting her now. When he is home he visits her every other weekend. We pretty much split time with him at this point. b. The problem I do have is there are a number of alternatives he could take that he is unwilling to because - 1. hotel will cost money and he can stay for...
I think it's fine. I was a single mom for almost five years and traveled with my job. I would usually call my ds once every 2-3 days while he was with his dad and his grandma. Last summer, he stayed with my mother for a month and it was very hard. I called him the first few days, but it was upsetting him more by my calling, that we decided it best for me not to call until the following week. It was hard for me, but it actually helped him get into the routine they had and...
My dh of 6 mos now ( we dated for four years prior to the marriage in a long distance relationship), has a dd (7) who he doesn't see very often because he travels for his job and is often on long assignments. I too do not see him often (I've seen him twice since October). We have agreed that we would allow him to keep this position for two years of our marriage (it makes more money and we can save for future). I struggle with the sacrifice from time to time, but am...
I am a BM of 1 ds (age 5) and a SM of 1 dsd (age 7). No bc with dh.
I feel the same way from time to time. I am in my mid-30's and I often feel like I will not find the right man. My ds' father was not the right one, my ex-husband was not the right one, nor the ex-boyfriend that I broke up with this past summer. I think part of my issue is not being patient enough to let the right one come along. I often jump into relationships to quickly (one reason why I now have my ds). So, I'm trying to be patient this time around and let the right...