or Connect

Posts by tremieli

I'm pretty sure I'll get an early dating sonogram at my 8 week appointment, and then probably the big anatomy scan around 20 weeks.  
I did more parent lead weaning than child lead weaning.  I think child lead weaning in my case would mean several more years of nursing than the three we'd already done, and I was so ready to quit.  My daughter was not interested in reducing her nursing at all.  I started to wean her by occasionally refusing to nurse or delaying a session, and by reducing how much time I let her nurse.  After a few weeks of struggles, she seemed to forget about nursing all the time, and...
Sounds like you are having a really hard time.  I was sick when I was pregnant with my first, and couldn't do much of anything, and even with a pretty helpful husband, it was pretty awful.  I'm keeping you in my thoughts, and I hope things get easier for you.  Please try to find someone to confide in IRL, maybe through your church.
Superbeans - I've been awake the last few nights too!  The worst, but I also seem to have fatigue during the day.    I knew I was pregnant from my chart, but the lack of proof was killing me and I finally went and bought a test this morning.  Pregnant!  No surprises there.    I've been feeling pretty great physically, but I'm a total mess mentally, much more than I was expecting.  I had a rough time with hyperemesis in my last pregnancy, and I'm so scared of...
I'm new to southwest Virginia and also newly pregnant and I'm looking for an OB in or near Blacksburg, preferably not further than Christiansburg.  I'd like an OB rather than a midwife because mine will most likely be a high risk pregnancy again, but I'd like an OB who is responsive and understanding and preferably favorable to a natural birth.  Any recommendations welcome!  Also, if you know of a doctor who is not good, I'd like to know.  There is precious little...
I feel like I don't have any friends either, and I really want some!  I recently moved from NYC to southwest virginia for my husband's job.  I joined a mom's group, but I think I'm way more intellectual and weird than the other moms there and that I don't fit in.  I'm a pretty religious Catholic, but also a convert, and I've never before been around people who are so outwardly religious!  For me it's more of a private thing, but all the moms there talk about how they ask...
I weaned my daughter shortly before she turned three.  My husband also thought I was crazy for nursing her past about 18 months, so I can understand the pressure that comes from having a spouse who doesn't quite understand what you're doing.  However, I'd wanted to wean her since she was about 2 1/2 because she was so demanding and I started to just hate how it felt to have her nursing, and hate the terrible tantrums she had when I refused to nurse her during the...
I'm S.  This is number two for us.  We have a three year old daughter.  This is the first month we stopped using NFP and tried to get pregnant, and here I am!  I'm so excited!  I haven't even taken a test yet, but I'm sure that I'm pregnant from my chart.    I had hyperemesis and then mild pre-eclampsia in my last pregnancy.  I'm terrified of getting hyperemesis again, but so far I feel absolutely great.  I'm trying to eat super healthy and hoping that I'll avoid all...
That sounds really hard!  My daughter woke up every two hours, every night until she was two and a half.  It was a nightmare.  She eventually started sleeping through the night when she was ready.  (She wakes up exactly once a night still, but for me that's fine.)  I tried everything to get her to sleep and nothing worked, but she did finally start on her own.  I know it's really hard and frustrating, but eventually it will stop.  Hopefully someone will have some more...
My 3yo starts the night in her own bed, and then comes to ours sometime between 10 and 12.  She sleeps between my husband and I, as she's always done.  I know she would never accept sleeping on the floor either!  She doesn't wake up after she comes to our bed, but she usually is very restless and kicks and rolls a good bit, disturbing everyone!    BUT, all of this represents a big improvement from six months ago.  She used to start the night in our bed, and wake up...