or Connect

Posts by catzia

Thanks for all the suggestions and support, mamas!    I am definitely working to connect with other parents of littles in my area. I know it'll help me a lot to spend some time with other adults, and my son needs to spend more time around other small people too. :) We haven't had much luck finding an organized group or class but I know it'll get easier as the weather gets warmer!    I'm really looking forward to taking him on walks, to the pool, the park, etc just as...
My baby boy and are I dying of boredom! We need help!    I'm a first time, SAHM to a beautiful 5 month old boy. I used to work from home so I'm used to being a home body... but now that baby is here, I found it's impossible to keep working. He whines, cries, and fusses ALL DAY LONG. If we go out on an errand, he is calm and happy, but if we are at home (like right now), I am doomed to listen to him fuss and cry and there is absolutely nothing I can do to comfort or...
I've been using a ring sling for about 5 weeks with my lil dude who just turned 8 weeks old. I had a hellacious time getting used to the thing, but I learned a few "tips" that really helped.    When putting him in the sling, loosen the sling almost all the way, and then put your LO on your chest where you want them to end up (head within kissing distance). If your LO is really young, you can frog their legs under them or, like I do with mine, put him in sort of a squat...
Thanks, mamas! It's always nice to hear about other babies going through the same things. I hope it'll pass soon! 
Admins, feel free to move my post if there is a more appropriate forum for this question!    I am a FTM SAHM to a 6 week old boy. He's healthy and "normal" in every way except that he can't seem to be awake without crying. He takes regular (unscheduled) naps throughout the day, is EBF on demand, and sleeps well at night. When he was a little younger (up to 4 weeks or so), he would have an hour or so of wakefulness at a time in the morning, early afternoon, and evening,...
Hi mamas! I have a 1 month old son and we EBF and CD. We're struggling with the timing of diaper changes, specifically after daytime naps.    Here's what happens more often than not. DS falls asleep in a clean, dry diaper. During his nap, he wets the diaper thoroughly. He wakes up wanting to feed, but is distracted by the wet diaper. We change him (1st change), and then he feeds. By the end of the feeding, he's soaked that diaper and is crying, so it's time to change...
I'm a FTM with 1 month old son. We EBF on demand and he's gaining weight nicely since his birth. It's no surprise, really, since he feeds so frequently these days. And that's my problem. I'm not sure we're doing it right.   He has a mild case of tongue-tie. So mild, in fact, that the pediatrician he saw at the hospital after birth did not consider him to be tongue-tied at all. The NP at our regular pediatrician's office pointed it out. I myself also have a case of...
This is a great idea and I don't know why it hadn't occurred to us sooner! We can definitely rig up something like that. 
Thank you for sharing your experiences, mamas!    Emalin - Just FYI, it looks like the Tres Tria bumper is no longer around. Better for Babies closed up shop! It looks like a good product - better than a pool noodle - but I would have probably passed anyway since I'm allergic to latex. I'm wondering if I can make something similar to that, though.    I will have to come back and update once my little one is here and we've had a chance to experiment with different...
Bump... Nobody has any advice/reviews/thoughts?