or Connect

Posts by catzia

RiverSky - Thanks for your perspective on my situation. I will take your thoughts under consideration! 
Hi mamas! I'm expecting my first in September and am set on using cloth diapers. I'm partial to prefolds (with or without covers, as I also plan on trying EC!) but my DH has also insisted we get some hybrid pocket style diapers too.    We have a regular, plain-old, run-of-the-mill washing machine. It's a top loader and it works "fine" but it doesn't offer much in the way of customization for washing cycles. It doesn't have a pre-soak option or an extra rinse cycle,...
Bumping in hopes of some more concrete advice from wise mamas! My stepson's behavior is improving in some areas, but not others. Although his tantrums are fewer and further between these days, he has tons of other rude outbursts that I just can't live with long term. My DH is having a difficult time drawing boundaries as well. For instance, DSS fell asleep on the couch after day camp, and we had to wake him when his mom arrived to pick him up. He whined, then pretended to...
Thanks for your tips! 
Thanks for your advice! I did post in the Ohio tribe area before posting here but got no responses, so someone suggested I try here instead. Our midwives will be hooking us up with a few other couples but I would also like to meet others! We have plenty of other friends with young kids, including some who are due within a few months of us, but would really most like to find others who have already "survived" the home birth experience, especially to help allay my...
We are expecting our first in September (it's a boy!) and planning for a home birth here in Columbus, OH. We have great midwives and tons of resources but I'd love to meet other moms/couples who have either had a home birth already or are preparing for their first like us! I don't have a lot of fears or questions but my partner is quite nervous! We'd both really benefit from meeting other home birth parents in town. 
Thank you!
I have a new 9-year-old step son that seems to have every behavior quirk and tick in the book. He has a severely self-restricted diet and will often refuse to eat entirely. He has major problems with emotional outbursts; he throws toddler-like tantrums and is sometimes violent. He has a complete lack of regard for other people's space/belongings, which I mostly attribute to being an only child so far and not being taught how to act. He is diagnosed as ADHD and medicated...
lrreloh - I sent you a PM! Athora80 - Columbus is nice but it is very different from the west coast! I came from Seattle and experienced some major culture shock when I got here. I also desperately miss the mountains and oceans! But Columbus is also a cool town with lots of fun stuff happening. There is a strong arts and music scene, and lots of farmers markets and independent businesses. It doesn't have a big city feel at all. I highly recommend visiting if you can...
We are due in early September and soooo excited! I'd love to meet up and chat sometime. I have a few other friends with little ones or who are currently expecting, too, so perhaps I can introduce you to some new friends.