or Connect

Posts by lisap

Hi, my husband was recently diagnosed with Leukemia (CML to be specific) and we are concerned about vaccinations. Our children are not vaccinated and I know the doctor may suggest for the family to get vaccinations esp. for swine flu. Can anyone point in the right direction as far as resources. Thanks so much!
Hi, my husband was recently diagnosed with Leukemia (CML to be specific) and we are concerned about vaccinations. Our children are not vaccinated and I know the doctor may suggest for the family to get vaccinations esp. for swine flu. Can anyone point in the right direction as far as resources. Thanks so much!
Thanks so much for all of the hugs and well wishes. We are so blessed to have so many amazing people supporting us. DH is home and is busy visiting family. It makes him happy for the most part so I am not protesting too much. I am lucky to work for an organic farm so we have some amazing food for him to eat. I am going to work on his diet more this weekend and get him eating really healthy. He is not on a special diet yet and hopefully won't be so he can eat healthy raw...
Thank you all for your support and your tips. His white blood count is through the roof right now and he is on several meds to get that count down. He is now anemic and had a transfusion last night. We will have the labs results with a full diagnosis today and will address concerns with the team at that time. His nurse said I could give him any foods I wanted as long as fell into the low sugar, low cholesterol, low sodium category as he is also a heart patient. He...
Hi All, does anyone have any experience with Leukemia or how to care for someone who is newly diagnosed? DH was diagnosed on Saturday and is now on Gleevec and two other meds to help with his white blood count. I know he is going to need to take meds to hlp, but is there anything holisticly I can do for him? He is in the hospital now and will be for at least a week and his appetite is minimal. It doesn't help that the food is very unappealing. Should I bring in some...
sorry, but if anyone is close by and would like a tour please PM me!
Hi All, we are going to have a farm tour on Tuesday, May 19th at 10:00. We are an organic farm located in the foothills of Pleasanton. Our farm is Terra Bella Family Farm http://terrabellafamilyfarm.com/Home.html Come and learn more about our farm, our CSA, gardening tips, composting and keeping chickens. We are a sustainable farm and we do offer many volunteer/harvest opportunities.We also have two baby goats that may be at the farm by the 19th! If you would...
Hi All, this is so difficult to write, I am having some major problems with DH. I have begun to realize that he will never accept me for who I am and that I will bever be good enough for him. I have tried to talk to him, but he will just throw it back in my face. I have decided to quit talking to him so as not to give him anything to use against me. Where do I go from here? We have two very young children and I love them so much, I really don't want to hurt...
well I tested today and it was negative. I know it's for the best, but I am really heartbroken. I got way ahead of myself and was planning for a new babe. I know DH would have been happy, but things are very stressful right now. Thanks for all of the support. -lisa
anyone???