or Connect

Posts by PajamaMama

I've met most of my friends through my children's activities. When they were babies I went to LLL meetings, when they became older I met friends through school activities. I have also made an effort to become friends with my neighbors. You said post-college, so even though I have been post college for years and years now, I am not including the friends I've made going back to school
no coffee in the house. rawr. oh yeah, and it's Tuesday morning and I want to play World of Warcraft and I can't because of server maintenance. rawr.
It's taken me about two years each move to find "community" and start to feel at home.
Don't assume that you are at fault and that you need to pay for her car repair. Accidents in parking lots are generally considered no-fault...you should definitely talk to your insurance agent. You may only be liable for damage to YOUR car.
I have many "casual friends"/playdate friends, and honestly, if one of them told me she was pregnant and just needed to stay home and hunker down for awhile (like a year) it wouldn't end the friendship. Just be honest with your friends. You might be surprised at how understanding they are. If you are just telling them "not right now/not today" then you aren't being honest with them. What you need to say is "not this year"...but tell them why, that it's because of your...
I just saw this thread. I'm getting ready to apply to a 2 year BSN program (I have a BA in a different field). The program, if I'm accepted, starts in August 2011. I have one year to take any prerequisites I need. So far as I can tell, I need to take Microbiology, Statistics, and a speech class. I'm also applying to a 2 year RN program as a back-up, and for that program I'd need to re-take Anatomy and Physiology because I took them more than 5 years ago, and at this school...
I have a BA in economics from a state university, and I did not take out any student loans to get it. I decided to go back to school to become a nurse (current student) and I am not taking out any student loans. Personally, for the amount of money you're talking about, I would rather take an extra year to finish school, take fewer classes per semester, and graduate with no student debt. You could use the extra time out of school each week to work a little more and pay as...
You say you are more comfortable with a couple than with a single person, but there are no guarantees that the relationship would last, same as if you got a family as roommates. You just never know. How would you feel if the woman left the housing situation? If that would be a huge problem then maybe you ought to stick to just single women or single mothers, and stipulate that she can not have anyone else move in with her. Just a thought...
thanks!
Maybe the baby wasn't the driver's child. Not that it makes the situation okay, but it's possible. I had to have my youngest sister pick my daughter up once when I was in a car accident. She was 8 at the time, so she didn't need a car seat, but if she had, I wouldn't have had a spare. I'm just hoping that it was a one time situation. Seeing things like that stresses me out too. Two evenings ago I was out for a walk with my family and we saw a car drive down the street, an...