or Connect

Posts by PajamaMama

Quote: Originally Posted by mymary I was also wondering about fitness centers out there. Here I belong to a really wonderful fitness club, that most importantly has excellent child care. They have to be CPR certified and its a really professional enviroment. They seem to really care. Makes a BIG difference when you want to feel good about having a workout. Anybody know of any good places? I belong to Lifetime Fitness and I LOVE it. I also really...
Quote: Originally Posted by mymary PajamaMama I couldn't find the wednesday open group at the link you provided? It was the coffeehouse link. Am I looking at it wrong? It's not officially sponsored by the location, that's just where we all meet
I live in Lenexa and I really like it here. We homeschool our kids whose ages range from high school to preschool, and there are several local homeschool groups if you're interested in that. The AP group here is really active. It's at www.kcapfamilies.com if you're interested in joining and checking it out. You'll find resources for all the things you were asking about. I won't lie, Kansas City is definitely nothing like California. We lived in Monterey for a few years...
First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! I haven't been spending as much time on mdc as I used to before I went back to school last year, so this is news to me. I'm so happy for you! About the van. If you aren't sure if it is what you want, then just pass on it. You don't need it tomorrow. Take time to research and find what you want. You will likely have this vehicle for a long time, so it will pay off to get something you are happy to own. There are way more...
Then I think in your circumstance I might make a $250 donation to a charitable organization that helps students make responsible financial decisions. I would not destroy my credit over this- If you repay that debt to the collection agency then the original creditor is going to get nothing, you are just encouraging these debt buyers to keep up their practice, and you may damage your credit. I think that there is some merit to the thought that you did get something for...
Is there a way to make yourself invisible to others if you're logged in to facebook? You know that feature where you can see which of your friends are online? I would like to be on facebook now and then, but between my parents and mother in law and other relatives who I don't want to "dump" as friends, I am constantly getting interrupted with messages.
I hope you do have the friends over. 10 years ago I was in your situation and I wish now that I had more parties and play groups at my 70s ranch house when we lived in it. Your new friends are probably not as shallow as all that, and likely were right where you are 10 years ago.
I quit FB cold turkey. It was getting out of control. I got daily friend requests from people I don't know. It felt strange. I don't miss it at all.
My father is retired from the military, so everyone knew what everyone else's salary was...it's public information. We didn't really discuss it as a family, but once I was old enough to be curious, I was old enough to figure out how to look it up (and this was in the days before the internet! LOL) Now we still don't discuss money. As an adult I have a lot of respect for the way we lived on what I now know was a pretty meager income...my parents bought and completely...
I am putting seeds and new gardening gloves and little shovels in my kids easter baskets this year. Also a new pair of sunglasses and a bottle of sparkly colored sunscreen. We have spent this week getting an area ready to plant so I think they'll be excited.