or Connect

Posts by PajamaMama

My daughter who will be 6 very soon has started wetting her bed again. She is a very heavy sleeper, and is going through a huge growth spurt right now, and is mightily embarassed by her bedwetting. I'm looking to find some cloth pull-up type underwear for her to wear to bed at night, until she outgrows this phase. I just have no idea where to look. She's tall, and wears mostly size 6x pants with adjustable waists because she's skinny. She could still wear size 5 pants if...
I keep a coupon binder sort of like the one that was shown earlier in the thread. One thing I do differently is to use photo page inserts instead of baseball card holders. There are only 2 per page but the pockets are much bigger than the baseball card holder pockets so I don't have to fold/smash coupons in there. The pages are also very filmy so they are not as bulky as baseball card protectors, so they seem to take up less room. I use an excel spreadsheet for my...
I am horrible at guessing ages. Since you had a daughter in '05 I'll guess...25? My teenage daughter has a close friend that resembles you so much I would think you might be sisters though...and the friend is only 14 years old
Quote: Originally Posted by ShaggyDaddy I have written about 3 checks in my life, all around 9 years ago. It astounds me that people still write checks, and barring really old people, I have only had bad business dealings with check writers, the only people who have ever written me checks, did so because they did not actually have the money. I write checks for things that I want to have an easy-to-access receipt, like charitable donations. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by claddaghmom I was going to 2nd the Kia Sedona. We are saving to buy that after our home purchase. There are some newer Sedonas on craigslist in our area for under 5k. Wow...why do you think they have held so little value though? No snark intended, that's a great price for a minivan...maybe too good...I am just skeptical by nature.
My kids are 13, 5, and 1 year old. My 13 year old had a pretty severe period of adjustment when the middle child was about 18 months old, until she turned 3...the age when they could talk to each other. Giving her more responsibility over the little one was not the answer here, she didn't like 'being treated like a babysitting slave' so what was most helpful was giving her somewhere else to go. In my case it was my youngest, childless sister's place,...
If you want to try Peapod, here's a code for $10 off your first order: AFFL3 In the Kansas City area we have Door to Door Organics. This service delivers organic produce to your door. It's good quality and definitely a savings over Whole Foods. It's somewhat like a CSA in that you get whatever is in season, but you can customize your list (for instance say you never, ever want kale) and tell them what kind of substitutions are acceptable (give me more broccoli!) You...
Quote: Originally Posted by acupuncturemomma georgiegirl: any tips on transitioning to rocking/snuggling to sleep rather than nursing? When I was going through this I had to make sure to wear a blouse that wasn't easy for my daughter to get her hand inside. I also wore a thick sports bra, and had a sippy cup of water available for her to drink. hth
All 3 of mine have late April/early May birthdays, mainly because I didn't want to be pregnant in Florida through the summer.
I haven't noticed any slowdown at my CostCo. I went in there yesterday and I had to park pretty far from the door, and also had to wait for my turn at a self-check-out. The regular check out lines were pretty long in my opinion. I only had a couple of things but I noticed many people with carts full of stuff that isn't strictly necessary- dvds, summer apparel (and it was 30 degrees here yesterday) that kind of thing. I live in a suburb of KC. There is a Price Chopper...