or Connect

Posts by PajamaMama

Quote: Originally Posted by simonee I find that the more wine I drink while posting, the more popular I feel Posting to threads about popularity makes you popular too.
Quote: Originally Posted by aniT I have called around and had a couple consultations for my daughter. She really does need braces, but no I cannot afford the 1500 down payment and the $150 a month. And, that is IF we pass their credit check. : So unfortunately DD still does not have braces and I am not sure if she is going to be getting them in the near future. I am sorry that you can't get the braces for your dd now. That must really...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eman'smom You can do flex-spending/medical reimbursement (whatever it's called) to offset the cost. That would help quite a bit. This is how we're planning on paying in part...but that money is still coming out of the same salary we get anyway, just in a different tax status...it doesn't make THAT big of a difference. We increased our allotment to that account for this year specifically to pay for the braces.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharlla That's not that bad, that's almost one tax return. At what age should they get start that? I definitely want to get them for the boys. Wow, if you are getting that much in a tax return...you could change your withholding and get that money all year long...but back to the OT My dd is 11 years old. Some of the work that has to be done will involve her 12 year molars, which have not finished erupting yet....
(I'm cross posting from the preteen/teen forum because it feels like there are about 10 people who read and post there, ) We went to my daughter's orthodontic consultation today and I'm still reeling. Her braces will cost us $5900. There's a down payment of $1000, a monthly fee of $150, and at the end a $400 retainer to purchase. This man has been my dd's dentist since she first got teeth. She has had a few sort of complicated dental issues with excellent...
In your situation I would not try to lead a group. I would try to find an existing group that is based on some non-parenting interest and make friends that way. Do you have any hobbies? Maybe you can find a knitting group, a book club, a scrapbooking group, meals on wheels, anything that you might enjoy doing. You will meet other women that way and then you don't have to be 'in charge'. I've been at MDC a while (lurked long before I joined!) and am somewhat AP. I mean,...
We went to my daughter's orthodontic consultation today and I'm still reeling. Her braces will cost us $5900. There's a down payment of $1000, a monthly fee of $150, and at the end a $400 retainer to purchase. This man has been my dd's dentist since she first got teeth. She has had a few sort of complicated dental issues with excellent outcomes. She trusts him, and so do dh and I. I can't help wondering if this is normal though. She does need a lot of work. He...
My mother said that when I was a baby they used to put me in a LAUNDRY BASKET on the floor of the car if they had to take me out! She did say that there was a blanket in the basket : She got my first 'real' car seat in 1975. I have a picture of me in it, but not on my computer. It's even scarier looking than the one in the OP!
My degree is in economics, but I have a minor in Arabic because I earned so many language and culture credits through the Army program I worked in before I decided to go back to school I would say that I *do* use my economics degree, I think that it has helped me make smart choices (sometimes!) for the family. I sometimes wish I had gone the accounting route instead though so that I could work at least seasonally (tax time) and I may go back to school some day for just...
I lust after snow. Unfortunately for me, I live in FL and don't plan on seeing it anytime soon