or Connect

Posts by PajamaMama

Yesterday I went to Lowe's with my 2 girls, age 3-1/2 and 11. I was looking at vinyl floor tiles and discussing them with older dd and Poof! the 3 year old was gone. My back was turned for *seconds*. I stopped a store employee and the store was locked down while we found dd. She was hiding behind the giant rolls of carpet padding, right behind where we were standing. She KNEW we were looking for her and she was hiding on purpose. The only reason I found her was because I...
New slippers...really nice ones and they were hard to find because he wears a size 13... A little reading light so he can read after I want to turn out the lamps and go to sleep Chocolate covered dried cherries from Harry and David (he lusts after these)
I said 'no', because dh *has* had opportunities to take the job with fewer hours and less money...and has not done it. He is graduating on Saturday with his MBA so it sounds like we are in the same boat you are, except there is one saving grace...he does not have set office hours and can choose to work from home if he doesn't have vendor or customer meetings, etc, and so he does do that on average once every two weeks, and he rarely leaves the house before 9am (though he...
On days where I'm feeling frustrated, I usually just let school go for the rest of the day...We do not take long 'summer vacations' or anything like that, we learn year round...why deal with that kind of frustration?
Quote: Originally Posted by Brigianna I wouldn't have a problem with the names Medea or Electra. I'm okay with myths dealing with the dark side of human nature. But I would hope the parents in question were familiar with the stories and knew what they were naming the kids. She had no clue. She just thought they sounded pretty. (!!!!) And you know...they do...but the stories...especially Medea...they're SO HORRIBLE.
Quote: Originally Posted by oceanbaby As a hs'ing parent who constantly worries that I don't do enough, this made me laugh out loud. The cottonball snowman is something one of my neighbor children (who attends the public school across the street) showed me last week. Of course I admired it...and then felt MUCH better about the snowflake 'art projects' we've been doing the past couple of weeks Mizelenius...one of the last handouts I got from...
Quote: Originally Posted by zinemama BSD, your contributions to this discussion have been extremely entertaining. And I agree with every one of them. Especially your speculation on ancient Greek names. It's coming. I agree! See my above reference to the soon-to-be-born baby Medea My dh suggested to the mother that her next daughter could be Electra and she thought it sounded GREAT.
My dh is graduating with his MBA on Saturday. He had not much interest in the coursework at all, but he's at a point in his career where if he didn't get the MBA he's sort of stuck in middle management, which he ALSO doesn't love! It took him 3 years to do it, and he just kept plugging away at it. It helped him a bit that my degree is in economics, so I was able to discuss things with him and help him out a little bit (though nothing unethical) but mostly it was...
Quote: Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog Um, please don't name your child Kali. And, if it's spelled with a C, it's NOT spelled with a K. ...I know a young woman who thought Medea would be a BEAUTIFUL name for her soon-to-arrive dd.
In answer to some of your obstacles... Money: You wouldn't believe what a ridiculous amount of money public schooling was costing us. Our 11 year old went to public school this fall from homeschooling and...what a shock! We ended up withdrawing her from public school about a month ago, and in the 3 months she was in school I spent several hundred dollars that I wish I had put towards a great hs curriculum There were fees for lockers, locks, lunches, uniforms, field...