or Connect

Posts by chrissy collins

I am sorry Missing my Kiddo!!! So hard to miss the kids but also being alone means finding out who you are and what makes you happy other than the kids…..It sounds like you already have a plan of reinventing yourself. Good for you! Also, find a place in the mean time to volunteer, like a shelter, soup kitchen etc. I have found in my lowest times helping others always pulls me out.  your son needs you strong and independent. Walk with a friend, join a book club at a library...
Sounds like your little one is doing a great job with her cereal.....You can wet the rice puffs or cereal with a little formula. It helps them to dissolve more quickly. She will learn. Kids have great gag reflexes so as long as the pieces are small she will do fine.  As you know, the more she eats the more comfortable you will get just like your older children.   I wonder, are you worried about other things too and do you feel sad or stressed? If yes, please ask...
Stay neutral you are a model for your kids.  They will be watching  how you deal with your sister in-law.  You know who you are and that all prevails. Talk to a friend and stay out of her drama for your kids sake. Im so sorry this is happening.  
I am so sorry you feel this way. It must feel awful. Try this, everyday just watch your beautiful baby while she is just lying there Smile at her and talk to her even if it feels forced. After a few days try just infant massage by rubbing her with a blanket. Please help yourself too Get rest and eat well also talk to family or friend that you trust I have worked in Early Intervention for 20 years Please feel free to message me if you have more questions or need more...
Hi there as a mom of two and an early intervention person for 20 years Just a quick piece of my experience....When babies fall asleep in their moms arms or any other way they need that when they roll around and wake slightly....He will wake when he hasn't rested fully....So when he is eating and he starts to get drowsy put him down you can go in and rub his back but the end result is that he puts himself to sleep....you can go in his room as many times as you want just...
As a mom of two and an Early Interventionist for 20 years his sleep sounds good to me as long as when he is awake he is chipper and well rested Good for you He sounds like a doll!!!!
Rugrat, As a mom with 2 girls and someone who has worked in Early Intervention for 20 years YES he will grow out of it....Sleep is in your future....Just food for thought, Babies bellies need to digest before another feed comes piling on top of it So feed every 2-3 hours no matter what your sweet boy is doing and if he seems cranky more likely it is sleep. If a babies belly works overtime to digest they will always be uncomfortable. If that is not your case then all...
This is a great question....Some ideas to increase her attention to tasks She is not to young to have her help you set the table and clear the table but I wouldn't let her stop in the middle I wolud help her to finish   Less toys is more If she has a playroom with a million toys cutting down on the toys helps kids learn better   Attend library groups and make sure to sit with her during the reading time.  Do not allow her to wander around.   When doing a...
I am so sorry for your loss....It leaves such a hole to lose a parent.  I hope you have family and friends that you can look to for support. It makes it even harder that it was such a shock and possibly preventable if she had went to the drs You can't change what happened but you can remember all the fun you had with your mother.  She would want you to do that Hang in there and be good to yourself you deserve it!!
I also have a thirteen year old but she has not asked I planned on waiting until she asks and then teach her It would be awful if they tried without being shown first I think its time Good Luck  It feels like they are really grown up when this starts!!