or Connect

Posts by mightymama1976

Thank you so much for the links, I will definitely check them out today. I am just so happy to know that some studies came to a different conclusion!! My son has been working with one of the best speech therapist in our state (she actually trained moth stuttering therapists in our state and does nothing but stuttering) for well over a year now and it does help somewhat. The problem why it doesn't help more is because he is darn LAZY. He never had blocks, which is good, so...
This boy is my son's friend. Before his mom learned where I stand regarding circ, she told me that her son will have to have a surgery because of her stupid ex. She then went on to explain that she was adamant about cutting the boy at birth, yet her (so-called "stupid") ex, who was circ'd himself somehow went behind her back and left the boy whole. And now she said her son had all those problems because he was born with too much foreskin, that does not retract and traps...
 I have been lurking though special needs forum to get perspective on things for years. The strong brave mothers on this forum make me feel like a wimp who keeps complaining over a perfectly healthy child (relatively speaking). Though I do have to say that without a very strict diet, which excludes all his "silent" food allergens, he would have been a mess (both physically and emotionally). And if I was a mother who would look to have her child's sensory things diagnosed...
Thanks!   Unfortunately, the mother who I wanted to get the info for, has opted to cut her 10yo after all :(   She saw my anti-circ posts on facebook and used "my language" to back up her point "it is his body, his choice. he wants it done and he talked to the doctor and asked lots of good questions". I did email her saying that when you are a hammer everything looks like a nail (same with doctor who can make money by cutting something off) and that in reality her son...
 My son was too very high needs when he was a baby/toddler/young child. My husband couldn't even be in OR with me while I had a C-section with my daughter because our son would not stay with anyone (not even with his grandmother who at the time flew in to help), but with dh and me (he was 17mo at the time). I couldn't even go to the bathroom in public places, he would scream bloody murder once I was out of his sight even for a minute. And another thing I forgot to mention...
Thank you so much, mamas! Your replies did give me some relief.   And thank you for not judging me for having such thoughts about my own child. I do love him very much, of course, but both his personality and constant health problems do make me wonder...   I forgot to mention that my son was vaccinated in the first year of life (before I started researching vaccines) and my daughter is completely vaccine free. So, this alone has a potential of contributing to both...
Dear mama's of IVF conceived kids,   I hope it is ok that I open this conversation. I really want to talk to other IVF moms and to hear their experiences, if possible.   Our first child--our son who is almost 9y.o. now--was conceived via IVF.   Ever since he was born, not a year has gone by that he would not be "our project" in regards to his health. When he was a baby he would vomit breastmilk all the time (he was exclusively breastfed and later I extendedly...
Brilliant response!!
Hi everyone,   Does anybody have good (short & to the point) links explaining that naturally small hole is normal and that there is no "extra foreskin" ever. And that the urine does not get trapped in "extra foreskin" leading to UTIs and kidney disease. And that this "small hole" does not need to be retracted/stretched in order to get the urine out. If the link has any mentioning of meatal stenosis being a common side-effect of circ, this would be especially...
Hi Monkeyscience,   I too am coming to terms with the fact that two is going to be it for us. It is hard, because my body wants to birth and nurse another baby, but our family decided to stop on two due to philosophical reasons. It is very clear now that our planet is grossly overpopulated as is and that this will be the #1 reason our kids and grandkids will have a much worse quality of life (if at all). The hard core truth (which of course does not make it much easier...