or Connect

Posts by EmmaRea

Aww, way to go, Mama! What a strong, caring mother you are! My son is a caul bearer, too. They are truly remarkable people! Welcome to the world, wonderful boy!
I have the opposite problem. My DH's mother told him he was dyslexic, but it turns out that was a lie to cover her own failure to follow through in her homeschooling program. He isn't dyslexic, he just didn't pick up phonics as quickly as his older brother did, so she just quit teaching him and let him fall through the cracks. He grew up thinking he was stupid, graduated from an "alternative" school (their idea of education was letting students choose their daily...
^^WTS^^ I had a waterbirth for my one and only baby (DS, born 2Mar13). The warm water helped a ton. It eliminates the force of gravity, you know! I could float in the tub (which was great, because after 22 hours of labor, I was very tired and the floating helped support my tired muscles) and move in ways that just weren't possible on land. I kinda wish I could have given birth in water 5 ft deep, but I guess that's frowned upon in pools other people swim in... Oh well. Of...
I can offer no advice. I have done extensive research on anencephaly, all through college and as far back as my middle school years, and I have to say that my heart is completely and truly with you. Your baby knows the love you have for her, and loves you in return, as any baby loves their mother. I do not know your religious affliation, but in any case, I pray the Lord provides you with peace during your pregnancy, delivery, and the precious moments you spend with your...
Hi mamas- I gave birth to my son (first baby, fourth pregnancy) a little over two weeks ago. TMI-- My stitches come out tomorrow, bleeding is negligible, and hubby has an itch that only I can scratch. All 4 times I got pregnant, I was using some form of birth control. MC#1 was while I had the Mirena IUD, MC#2 happened while I was on the patch, MC#3 and DS#1 while using condoms and/or withdrawal w/ FAM (used rather loosely). Hubby and I both hate condoms, and since it seems...
I really had to stretch to even bring my son into this world, as my husband's full time job does not offer any healthcare at all. Its not like they offer it and its too expensive or not what we'd like. Its not even a choice, and he works on contract for a school district! We cannot purchase private insurance with any sort of maternity care. We make too much for Medicaid, but not enough to pay out of pocket for care. We ended up having to pay thousands of dollars for a...