or Connect

Posts by morningtide

Hi all. Unfortunately, the pregnancy didn't stick. I've been feeling pretty blue about it, especially after the nurse practitioner I saw was so discouraging. She said it was possible the nursing disrupted my hormones enough to contribute to the mc, or else my age (39) means that I have insufficient hormones to support a pregnancy.   Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I've done some internet research, and most sources say that no link has ever been shown. Some...
I'm out. Good luck to all the other mamas for a safe and peaceful pregnancy.
Hi all, I read upthread just and see that several of you have the same concerns that I do--nursing my 20 month old while trying to conceive. I'm 39 and recently got pregnant after trying for the first time since my cycle returned a few months ago. But I lost the pregnancy a week later. I felt like it was probably a natural chromosomal occurrence, but then I started to worry that perhaps it had something to do with the nursing. I'm feeling pretty down about it, so here...
I am pretty sure I had symptoms right after conception. I felt nauseous, headachey, boobs felt bigger. I googled it, and many women report that the experienced changes immediately after conception. So I don't know. Then my symptoms subsided for the most part.
Hi!    I live in upstate New York with my partner and 19-month old daughter. She is still BF, though I have found my milk supply to have seriously dipped in the past few weeks. We are excited and oh so thrilled to be pregnant again. I've only had AF three times since DD was born, and only been trying with the last cycle. DD was a surprise pregnancy, too, in that we had been trying for years and attempted IUI several times. And then I quite my job and we moved for DP...
I'm pregnant! I'm in shock, actually. I had no expectation that it would only take one cycle of trying, since we tried for 2 or 3 years to conceive DD1. But I took a Wondfo test yesterday morning since it was the day I expected my period. I had taken a test on Friday, which had come up negative. I watched the dye travel across the strip, and saw only one line start to form, so then I went about my morning. When I came back to the bathroom to get ready for work, omg,...
Joining!   I'm currently in my 2ww, which is a fretful time. Hence, the reason I'm posting for the first time in this thread (though I joined MDC months ago). I'm still nursing my 19 month old, who has been nursing a lot lately to ease her teething pain, I think.    I've had two AFs, but very irregularly. I can POAS this Saturday. At this point, getting AF is a good thing, though normally it would be very disappointing.