or Connect

Posts by aoifesmiles

May baby, thanks so much. It's going to be a long 9 months! Can't believe I'm starting all over again when I should be finishing. But I'm glad to be pregnant again, especially as my original due date approaches, it takes the edge off of it. 
Hello! I'm delighted to be joining another group here. My name is Mary. I'm 33 and live in Ireland with my 3 children, girl 7, boy 6, and girl 3. I am entering this pregnancy extremely nervous. I lost our first baby at 24 weeks, and just lost another baby last April at 20 weeks.  I feel like wrapping myself up in cotton and hibernating for the next 9 months!! It's going to be long, and I'm going to need all the support I can get.   Lovely to *meet* you two (so far),...
Thanks everyone, lovely to see you are all doing well. Just found out today that I am pregnant again, thought I'd share. 
I'm sure most of you won't remember me, I lost my baby boy at 20 weeks, but haven't been able to resist sneaking back in here now and again to see how you all have been getting on. I am still here in spirit and am always aware which stage of pregnancy I should be in. Your bump pics are lovely, you all look so well. I'm genuinely wishing you all the best of birth experiences. xxx   Mary
Thank you, tilymonster. Talking about it helps me. I really appreciate that anyone takes the time to read what I've written. I really am so proud of my 7 year old. Her love is so pure and real. I am so glad I let them all be a part of this hard time. It's definitely bonded us. I'm feeling well. My emotions are up and down, but I'm able to smile and laugh with my family. I have moments where I feel like I'm coping so well, and others where I feel I'll never be normal...
Thank you for the reply. We are back on track. I layed in bed with her for 45 minutes and let her move boob to boob, she gave a few proper sucks, then she triggered the letdown which sort of forced her to change her latch, and now she is feeding beautifully. I am so relieved, physically and emotionally! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have her there to nurse during this time. Another point goes to extended feeding! I would have been a hormonal mess today without...
I'm dealing with this now too. My dd turns 3 this summer and seems to have forgotten how to nurse. On Sunday I lost my baby boy at 20 weeks and now today my milk is in and I'm desperate for her to feed properly as full breasts is so emotionally upsetting and physically painful. I think she stopped latching properly due to low supply during pregnancy, but I was hoping once the milk came in she'd get a little taste and start up again properly. Like the op, she loves to...
Thank you all for the replies. With the support of my family I have been coping really well. In the end it took 2 days for the meds to finally kick my labour off. On Sunday morning the real pains kicked off and 3 hours later I gave birth the our little boy. We named him Colm, which was our son's first choice for a baby name. He was perfect, there was no explanation for why this happened again. We brought him back to our room, took some photos, and let the shocking reality...
Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts.
Thanks very much everyone. I'm not sure what to do with myself right now, have a million thoughts going through my head.