or Connect

Posts by mamasiobhan

Thanks ladies.   I totally understand why you're asking those questions, Mummoth, about defensiveness about receipts. It's not a power trip, though... it's just some unproductive approaches to finances,and some stubbornness about changing them. Yes, he's been irresponsible with money, which is concerning... and I've struggled greatly over the past 6 years of being a single (for lack of a better term, lately) parent, and I"m not the best at managing my finances...
Hi all. My boyfriend and I have been together for 3+ years, living together for most of it. I have 2 daughters, ages 7 and 11, and our lives are intertwined in every way, most of the time happily. But we're fighting about money a lot lately and I've run out of ideas. Hoping you can help. I'm a nursing student, working part time... Including child support, I bring in $900-$1200/month. Not a lot. My boyfriend makes twice that, but handles everything with cash because he...
Hey ladies, thanks for the link to coabode.org! It seems pretty cool, but I think a lot of people post their profiles on there when they have a need for housing or renting out, but then they forget to un-post! I've emailed a number of people who seem cool (esp. the mamas who sound like they're natural parenting people) but I've already rec'd one response saying "Oh, I totally forgot I posted my profile on there!" I really wish I didn't have to rent out that room. It...
Hey mamas... My husband is moving out in a few weeks, and we are NOT financially prepared for this. I need to find someone to rent out my 3rd bedroom (it's currently my office, in our rented 3-bdrm house) PRONTO! I have a large community of friends, and we're all on tribe.net, so I sent out a posting to all of them... but nothing. I'm a bit hesitant to just post something on craigslist, but I might have to! Do you have any other good resources or ideas? Any yahoo groups...
Hey mamas. I night-weaned my 1st dd when she was 16 mos old, but she was already in her own bed (for the 1st 1/2 of the night)... so it meant Daddy running in there in the middle of the night if she woke up, and soothing her and telling her "milk is sleeping" and sitting with her until she went back to sleep. Once she got used to it (after a few nights?), then I would go in there as well. We're still co-sleeping with our 2nd dd, who is 17 mos old. I'm yearning to...
I feel your pain, girlfriend. I have 2 girls (1 yr. and 5 yrs) and I'm so overwhelmed with the jigsaw puzzle of working/mothering, I feel like I'm an inch away all the time from blowing my top. And dh and I work basically opposite schedules, so I go days without seeing him. Does anyone know if any of those "Moms Work From Home" things are good? Like, there's an ad in the sidebar of this page right now... "No Selling, Legitimate, Risk Free". Are they all lame, or are...
Thanks, Juniper. No, I wasn't offended by your post. I just didn't agree with it! I don't feel that staying with my husband (or anyone staying with their spouse) is doing the kids a disservice, and serving as a poor example of strength, or lacking in feminism, or anything like that. It's a case-by-case basis, of course. There's no blanket rule for all marriages, that's for sure! For your mother, it was probably the right decision. But for me--not so much. When...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mydragonboy As for "once a cheater always a cheater" I truly believe that in 10 years he has not strayed... until last week. But that is another thread I guess.... Oh dear, I hope it's not real... if you're wanting to talk about it, don't hesitate. No better forum than here.. unless you're wanting a fresh perspective on a new thread. If you want to send a private message as well, go right ahead. I hope you're...
You said it so right... one NEVER knows how they will react to a situation, and that is never more true than when ones partner cheats. I NEVER would have thought that my feminist self would "put up with" a man who cheated. But here I am. And I don't think I'm stupid, or weak, or whatever... or even a "bigger woman" or a "better woman" than someone who would leave their partner. It's just my individual situation, it's my love for my husband, it's my capacity for...
Hi all. I can't believe this thread has been reborn, 2 1/2 months later! Just an update... in the past month (7 months after his confession), I feel like I've gotten over a hump with recovering from his affair. I'm not thinking about it every minute of every day like I was, thank goodness. I still am scared, I still do not trust him, no matter how hard I try. But things have been good between us. It's a trippy thing, to work on forgiving him for this. I never thought...