or Connect

Posts by ElizaBird

I struggle with the concept of independence because i feel that historically it has been over emphasized in our culture at too young an age (see: The Continuum Concept, Our Babies Ourselves, etc).   I second guess the wisdom of encouraging him to push through his fear and go to school, because i can't untangle whether that might *actually* help him build resilience and self-confidence and strength of character, or whether those are just the stories our culture has...
Good thoughts around Co-sleeping.   We don't anymore, but i had always "snuggled" them to sleep before the baby came. Since then it has been less frequent that i get there before he is asleep, but i know he wants that physical closeness, and i think it does help him. I believe that some of his falling apart has been a delayed response to the displacement he feels around having a baby sibling. We now try to give him lots of physical closeness, some babying when it's...
Thanks for your replies! I just lost my long and thoughful post just before posting, grr. But in short, We don't know the root cause. Nothing has come to the surface. Except i can trace back to a conversation he had with an uncle about "truth" which i think might have punctured his safe and dreamy childhood space suddenly. Maybe. I think we need to keep seeing the therapist, we've only been once. There haven't been any big changes or deaths this year, but he did hVe...
Help! DH and I are overwhelmed by the challenges that my son is having, and i think we need some perspective!   DS (7.5, 2nd grade, and an identical twin, with a newish baby sister (9 months)), normally a very confident, energetic, silly and active boy, is suddenly -- and by suddenly i mean the change in his emotional state happened very suddenly, but it has now been going on for two full months-- is totally overwhelmed by anxiety.   He cries everyday before...
    LUCIA!
My sweet little girl, Lucia Frances, was born late thursday night (12/15) after a long. mellow early labor and a short, fierce active phase. She was 8lbs4oz and 20.5 inches long @ 40 weeks and 3 days along. Here's our (long!) birth story: please excuse the typos. NAK. During the night before her birth, i was experienceing contrations that woke me from my sleep, and this was something new. i had been feeling a little "different" that day, a little tired but hadn't...
  Here's mine, using photobooth, since i cannot get my sweetie to take ANY photos of me ever. I'm 39+5!
Yay Joanna! I'm so glad you had a positive birth experience. Welcome little Gabriel :)
I'm due with #3 on the 12th, so I'm 39 weeks today! The first two were twins though and come at 38 weeks, so i have no idea when to anticipate this labor starting. I'm in the not quite ready boat, actually- not logistically really, but just kind of emotionally (i'm pretty sure my DH just finally wrapped his head around us having another baby in the las month!) so if i go another week or two i think i'll be ok with that. But i'm definitely sick of cleaning/nesting every...
oh! welcome babies and congratulations mama! i'm so glad you all are doing really well, i'd been thinking of you lots.  can't wait to see pictures.