or Connect

Posts by sunkistmoth

Congrats Sila, Meks, Hippy and Vaq! 
Don't get much free time or hands, but just wanted to pop in really quick. Congrats Hippy and Sunnie!  Vaquitita, sending positive thoughts your way--wishing you the labor and delivery that you want, and a healthy baby.  Still adjusting here to life with two kids--it is challenging, but magical. Wasn't planning on co-sleeping, but so far it is the only way Sabella will sleep, and therefore the only way that I can sleep, so co-sleeping it is! She eats non-stop, so I...
This is my husband and I with our baby Sabella, 7lbs 1oz, 20in., born 11/11 at 3:17am. 5 hour labor--got to the hospital around 2am and was going through transition, but I thought I still had a long way to go because I was only 5cm dialated! Yet dizzy, nauseous, intense contractions one after another...despite planning a natural birth, at that point I was begging for drugs but I was still in triage and there wasn't any time because all of the sudden I felt the urge to...
My water broke half an hour ago and I had bloody show and I'm starting to have regular contractions! My doula wants me to try to get some sleep since its night time and I need rest, but I have such an adrenaline rush it is hard :/ 
So, dtd w/dh twice last night--a because he surprised me with roses and chocolates, and b because I can't wait to hold my sweet baby! (dtd is Very uncomfortable at this point though lol--39 weeks today) Had mild contractions for a few hours that went away by morning. *sigh* I've been losing bits of mucus plug since Oct. 20th, and often get crampy and random contractions, but it seems my body just wants to do a very long, drawn out warm-up for the real thing. I know she...
Ooooh congrats Unuselyriver! Such a pretty name for your daughter, and kudos on going through a longer labor drug free! Wishing you a good recovery and lots of happy cuddles with her :-) 
Congrats on your healthy baby Electrical! Your birth story made me tear up a bit--thanks so much for sharing your experience! Very powerful stuff. I admire your courage, fortitude, and outlook. Sorry that it didn't all go as planned, but it sounds like you made the most of a challenging situation. Go Mama! 
Aww yay congrats Sparkle! Glad to hear also that breastfeeding is off to a good start--hope you are getting the rest and support that you need. And that is exciting news Electrical, hope everything went or is going well! Two other moms I know in my community (not on here) just gave birth too! One of them was actually due two days after me. Saw pictures of her with her 8lb 5oz healthy baby boy, (considering the many complications she had this pregnancy, she had a pretty...
Thanks for posting that article Electricalalaskan--I've been having some frustrating prodromal labor, and I'd rather think that it is a form of progress rather than completely useless discomfort. I think in my case it may be because my baby is posterior, and the irregular contractions are often accompanied by back pain. I'm just going to try to completely ignore it from now on, because every time I think something is really happening, only to end in...
I'd been feeling like this baby might come early--lost plug on the 20th, had a lot of heavy cramping, irregular contractions. she was very low--but after my chiro apt. last week, it feels like she is happy to stay put! I am happy that she gets more time to bake but impatient to meet her too. Thought she might be a Halloween baby, but at this point probably more like a November full moon baby! My family is making bets about when she will be born and how much she will weigh...