or Connect

Posts by sanna

Alexander, My computer went down, still is, and I finally read your post to me regarding spelling. I just want you to know that I am from Europe, and considering that English is not my first language, I write pretty good.. I mean well, no??
Don't you all have anything better to do with your time than deconstruct Waldorf? Like, take care of your children? Or are they all in school? Speaking of school. I am curious what sort of schooling your kids now go to? I starting a thread on one's 'ideal' school, I'd love to hear what you all think that may be! Instead of tearing apart one educational method, don't you think that that energy could be put into creating another one that suits your...
Alexander, No
Sorry if I repeat anything said already! I love all the things mentioned and also.. I love the feeling of a community amongst the parents and the teachers and students. I live the simplicity of it all. No frills, just like wood. I love that the people involved are alternative and are living closer to their truth and the earth. I love that it exists and that it can be a springboard for further educational development (nothing is static). I love that it...
So many words and controversies regarding educational methods out there! I would like to hear and express what may be some of our own ideas. For me living and educating are ideally combined, and one of the same. Having education be a seperate place where my children go to feels alien and breaks up the flow of life. Ideally living in community and providing life as an education would be the most holistic IMO. Having a garden and community center as a gathering...
For me the truth is that the people whom I've met and developed freindships with over the years who are Waldorf educators have been consistantly some of the nicest, sincerest, loving, deepest people I have known! They have been loving with my children (my children likewise love them), and they have been deeply dedicated to children. Their life is their path. I am not going to buy that these people are lying when they say that what you all profess to be true is not...
Waldolf proponants, Waldorf doubters, all others, Come one come all!!! Let's have a discussion/sharing of your ideal school! What would it be like? What can you envision? We are all intelligent, interesting (I think) people with all kinds of beliefs. Maybe we can learn from each other. My ideal school.. I will get back with you all on that one after I get back from my kids school where I assist! Blessings Sanna (my real name, although I don't know...
I am still waiting on Lisa's answer to the question of sources regarding racism.. Diane, I did not discount Lisa's statement that some children have been bullied and that some strange notion of non-interference using Karma as a reason was used. Still, she did not back it up, and neither did you.. Where did this occur, by whom, when, and why do you say that it is a big debate? Who is professing that it is a debate.., PLANS??? Yet, you so easily discredit some...
Hello, And you are certainly not alone! I hope that you find the support here in these forums that I have. Blessings
Welcome Jess! Do you mean 'it' being doing enough or are enough? I am confused..: Sounds like you are a very creative being with your gifts (including mothering)! Hope that you find support and stimulation on these boards (as I have) Blessings