or Connect

Posts by APCDmama

Totally normal behaviour. My sister and I were just discussing this topic yesterday. Our recently weaned children both cuddle, kiss, and hug our breasts for comfort and, in my DD's case, to show appreciation. Her son is almost 2 years old and my daughter is 3.5 years old. Personally, I would not withold something that was so important to my child, but I understand breast touching can be embarrassing at the wrong times. Try to make it a private thing if that makes you...
Another vote for Giovanni. Their hair products are excellent! I use the Hair Reconstructor conditioner for my thick, wavy/curly hair. My husband uses the lighter conditioner (can't remember the name offhand) for his fine, straight hair.
I use Lavera mascara. It is the first mascara I've tried that doesn't give me red, itchy eyes and doesn't flake everywhere. It defines with a "natural" look rather than a heavy, long-lashed look. A bit pricey, but worth it for me. Hope you find something that works for you.
Very good info! Thanks for the link.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your honesty! It helps to know that antibiotics aren't necessarily the answer. Sounds like a tough little bug to treat. If your husband comes up with anything that works, will you please post for me? I will definitely do the same. Interesting you mentioned the pumpkin seeds. I always feel rather ill when I eat them lately. I wonder if that means they are doing something to the parasites. I used to eat raw pumpkin seeds with no...
Sorry to jump into the conversation without reading all the posts. : Does anyone have experience with blastocystis hominis infection? I've been prescribed Flagyl, but after some reading I believe this is not the way to go. Apparently, b. hominis is extremely difficult to eradicate, and I worry that antibiotics will screw up my system even more. I would appreciate any advice you might have, including book recommedations and natural cures. I've been trying to heal...
I was recently diagnosed with a parasitic infection caused by blastocystis hominis. My doctor gave me two separate prescriptions for antibiotics, mentioning that this particular parasite is notoriously hard to treat. He also encouraged me to try natural remedies before resorting to antibiotics. I will try to see my naturopath this week. In the meantime, does anyone have advice for me? Anyone BTDT? I am anxious to rid myself of long-standing, mysterious health...
Thank you for your kind replies. I was really hoping to reach a few people who are struggling right now with marathon nursing. It does end! The amount of nursing DD did was incredible, day and night, and I can completely relate to the term "boobaholic", pixilixi. That explains my daughter to a tee. Red Sonja, I found it difficult when DD hit 3 years. In retrospect, I think this was the beginning of her transition from nursing to weaning. Something was up with...
My DD sleeps 10-11 hours per night on average, and she is only 3.5 years old. I think it's completely possible that your kids are getting enough sleep. If we try to put DD to bed earlier, she simply cannot fall asleep. Honestly, we have read stories for TWO HOURS without a yawn. On the other hand, she falls asleep within minutes if we start the bedtime routine later.
Hello everyone. Just want to share that my 3.5 year old DD is finished nursing, and I am so grateful that I let her lead the way. The period between 1-2.5 years was demanding, exhausting, and sometimes frustrating but I always knew I was making the right decision for myself and DD. I feel blessed. If you are experiencing a rough patch right now (we had many!!!), know that it is only temporary and will eventually pass. At many points, I thought I'd be nursing...