or Connect

Posts by APCDmama

Hi. DD is in the final stages of nursing, and she's 3.5 years old. Over the past few months her latch has been slowly deteriorating. Maybe this is normal for many nurslings nearing the end??? She was out of diapers just before she turned 2 years old, so I'm pretty sure nursing didn't effect potty learning at all.
I kept at least 15 lbs until DD was 2 years old, and thats A LOT of weight on my very small frame. She was still nursing many, many times at 2, but the weight suddenly came off without doing anything new. I should also note: I was exceptionally fit and working out regularly throughout pregnancy and afterwards, but those last pounds wouldn't budge. It was frustrating, since I'd heard breastfeeding was a major fatburner, but I guess my body is programmed to store fat...
Thanks very much for the reply! I just can't figure out why the same product can run from $19.99 - $400+! : It's good to know that a cheaper version might work just as well. I want a mini-tramp with a nice, comfortable bounce, and good quality workmanship. My DD and I are the only ones who will use it, so it doesn't need to support a lot of weight. I could probably get away with something inexpensive. I wonder where I could get a good middle-of-the-road...
I just bought some a month ago at London Drugs, and I really like them.
I am trying to figure out which brand to buy. I want a decent one, but I don't feel like shelling out $300 or more. I've been looking at ReboundAIR, Needak, and Urban Rebounder. Are there any cheaper models that work well? Am I better off paying a bit more?
I am really happy for you! I am experiencing a similar situation with my DD, who is almost 3.5 yrs old. When she turned 3, I decided to begin setting gentle limits because nursing was becoming uncomfortable for me. I feel I made the right decision, as the transition has been gradual and smooth. We are now down to nursing 1X/day, and DD chooses either bedtime or morning for milkies. It was rather shocking when she chose "books" over "milkies" before bed the other...
Grrlsix, I wonder if there's a difference between the solid and roll-on? I exercise at an intense level regularly, and made it through a major heat wave without stinking. Oh gosh, maybe I'm not smelling myself but everyone else is... No, I'm sure DH would have said something by now. You've really got me thinking. To experiment, I am going to wear NO deodorant on a day I am at home, just to see if there's a difference. Maybe it WAS a detox period when I tried the...
Just wanted to say that JASON roll-on works for me, and quite well. When making the initial switch from antiperspirant to natural deodorant, I tried a crystal deodorant and STANK something fierce. Detox period? Incorrect application? My body chemistry? I don't think I applied for 30 seconds, as pp's have suggested. I ended up throwing it in the garbage. Coconut oil seems to work for me, too. (Thanks for the tips on another thread ) I will probably use it...
Hmmm...blackberries are coming into season here. Do you think they would work just as well as elderberries? I don't even know what an elderberry looks like. Thanks for the idea.
What can I use it for? I bought some on sale a while back; now I'm not sure what to do with it. I was going to use it in some homemade body lotion. Any ideas?