or Connect

Posts by APCDmama

I am wondering if anyone can share their story of a successful homebirth after a c-section. Also: My c-section was performed after I was diagnosed with mild HELLP syndrome at 39+ weeks. Will I be considered too high a risk for homebirth with the next pregnancy?
Good insight. After thinking about it a bit more, I realize that some of my advice-givers DO have their own issues. For example, one of them was forced back to work suddenly when her baby was 11 mos old (divorce followed by financial problems), and ended up weaning DS abruptly because of it. She was deeply saddened by the experience and perhaps this is why she's encouraging me to "get DD used to other caregivers". If she starts telling me to wean, I'll turn a deaf ear....
I really enjoyed and appreciated your replies. I guess I'm wondering about the whole "get her used to other people" thing because I am being gently pressured by well-meaning family and friends to return to work after maternity leave. I keep hearing that it will be "good for both of us" (me and DD) and that I "need time away from the baby". How can anyone else know that besides me?!! Most people seem to think I'm crazy to want to stay at home full-time, and that...
I am staying at home with my 8-month-old baby, and plan to stay home for at least a year, if not longer. A few people have commented that I should leave the baby with other people more often so that she doesn't get "too attached to me". So far, I only feel comfortable leaving her with DH or my mom, and generally prefer to spend most of my time with her. I am enjoying her so much and she won't be a baby for long! Is it possible that I'm spending too much time with her? ...
It's only been two nights, but the 9 p.m. bedtime is working for us. I put DD to bed and she sleeps until I climb in later, around 10-11. Is it possible some babies are "night-owl" types, naturally, just like adults? I'm an "early-bird" myself, but DH is definitely an owl. I've read my share of the sleep research, but in the end I go with what my daughter seems to need. If later bedtimes work for your family, mellybean, go for it! Personally, I would love it if DD...
Hi there! I could have written your post. I'm going through exactly the same problem with DD, who just turned 8 mths yesterday. From day one, she has slept far less than the "average" baby (if there really is one out there!), and seems to be dropping her naps (which last only 15-20 minutes max) at an alarming rate. I know exactly what you mean about getting some time in with DH! It just doesn't happen around here, either. I am trying to put DD to bed a bit later...