or Connect

Posts by APCDmama

The people at Lunapads pride themselves on excellent customer service, Anna Rose. Explain your situation and see if there's anything they will do. You never know unless you ask.
How interesting...now that someone mentioned it, I just realized that I still "nurse" at 5 am, too. I guess I didn't acknowledge it, since DD latches, I count to "10" aloud, and she pops back off to sleep. A few times I've tried other comfort methods, and she's been up for the day. 5 am is a little too early for me. So...Still_Learning, I get what you're saying. How long does he nurse for at 5am? Do you do any counting down? If not, maybe think of trying it. I...
The nursing before sleep is usually 1-5 minutes for us, so I know exactly what you mean about messing with that session. It works well, so why change things? On the rare occasion, my timing is off, and I try to nurse too soon. Disaster! DD wants to stay on there forever and I just can't stand it. The morning is usually okay, since I can get her mind focused on the day and what we are going to do. That's usually a short session, thank goodness! We are both "pop...
leafwood, I'm glad you found something that worked for both you and your daughter. I chuckled a little about your cookie comments, and I love that you placed her close enough that you could hold her hand at night. What a loving and considerate mama! I hope someone reads your post and realizes that nursing an older child doesn't have to be "all-or-nothing". There are definitely ways to compromise and limit, but also CONTINUE. And it's also okay to stop, if...
Quote: "Holy cow did a menstrual tsunami just strike?" sarahthedoula, I wish I didn't know what you are talking about. I've been using Lunapads for over 2 years and am very happy with them. My liners are bubblegum pink, so I don't worry too much about staining. Light stains seem to blend with the pink colour nicely. I notice that the older, darker blood at the end of my cycle is more likely to stain a bit, but that comes out with a...
Thanks, everyone! I feel a lot better, thanks to your quick replies. I will talk to the folks at pre-school to see what they have to say. I think it's really awful that the forms are worded that way, as though a person has no choice when, in fact, they do. Very misleading indeed.
Nice to read more replies. Thanks. Last night I was really glad to be nursing. DD had a terrible nightmare and couldn't fall back to sleep. I tried to reassure her through hugs and quiet words, but she was very agitated. Finally, I offered the breast, and she snuggled right into it. The tears magically vanished. She stared up at me with those huge brown eyes and placed her hand gently on my cheek. Moments later her eyelids fluttered down and she was fast...
I am wondering if anyone can help me. We would like to enroll DD, 3 years old, in pre-school, but all the forms say that she won't be admitted unless her vaccinations are up to date. Can they legally enforce this? I live in BC, where vaccination is NOT mandatory for entrance into public school. DD has some of her vaccinations (up to 6 months, before I knew better). We DO NOT want her to receive anything else, and will keep her out of pre-school if that's our only...
Just monsters.
Girls... Nursing while pregnant...tandem nursing...dang! What's the root cause of MY nursing displeasure? I have nothing to point a finger at other than general physical discomfort. At least I'm not the only one feeling this way. Based on how I feel now, I'm sure I could never nurse through a pregnancy or go tandem. You both inspire me!