or Connect

Posts by APCDmama

2 years was a really challenging time for me, too. I'm often amazed that I've made it to 3! I didn't night wean DD either, and she was still waking for milk several times a night around that age. It DID get a lot better, but now I'm looking forward to cuddling instead of nursing first thing a.m. and last thing p.m. Truly, I thought DD would be one of those "until six years old" kids, but she cut back tremendously after 3. I was really surprised! I attempted to...
Thank you for posting a reply. Geez, I am not even pregnant, so I can only imagine how it feels for you to nurse right now. You are a very dedicated mama to keep going despite the pain. I hope things start to get a bit easier for you. Are we the only ones going through something like this? Anyone else want to share?
I also use jojoba oil and my skin has never looked better. Smooth, clear, and glowing!
DD holds up both her hands and wiggles her fingers. "TEN years!" she exclaims. She probably wishes for more fingers. :
I have to be honest. I really wish DD (3 yrs, 3 mos) would wrap up the nursing gig soon. It's getting physically uncomfortable and I can no longer distract myself enough to get through even short nursing sessions. Is this nature's way of telling me it's time to stop? Before the age of 3, nursing was primarily child-led. We definitely had our rough periods, and I was often sleep-deprived, but I enjoyed meeting the needs of my daughter through breastfeeding. ...
I've noticed that I tend to buy gender-neutral toys most of the time, things like arts & craft supplies, puppets, games, etc. DD has a few dolls, but definitely no Barbies and I can't stand pink girly things, for some reason. She has a Brio train set, some matchbox cars, and some beautiful wooden blocks, but I don't buy her much "boy" (what is traditionally defined as male) stuff; for example, trucks, front loaders, tool sets etc. Family members go to the opposite...
I wish my DH would agree to the big "V", but I don't want to pressure him. I don't think he's 100% sure about having an only yet, so I understand his hesitation. At the same time, I would love to have one less thing to worry about. Someone mentioned the "oops factor" of condoms...I agree with you! Actually, I am so paranoid about pregnancy that my worries are affecting our sex life. Not a good thing. However, I'm not sure about female sterilization either...
Quote: I was looking at some newborn photos of my daughter. My birth and immediate post-partum experience was not great. But I have no desire to do it right with another child, rather I would want to go back in time and change my daughter's birth. That is impossible of course, but what I wish. Another kid is another kid, it is not my daughter nor our shared experience. Having another birth won't magically make the other birth better. In fact, I think it would...
I am a lurker, too, and I am glad you asked this question. I've been wondering the same thing, not about death/dying necessarily, but about typical "phases" in general (such as stranger anxiety, tantrums, etc)
I keep reading those things, too, but I've gotta say...I LOVE this age! My DD is 3 years old and we are having so much fun together! Personally, I found the younger ages much more difficult, but I know every child is different. Maybe mine got it out of her system early. She communicates very well now that she's older, and I can reason with her when she's upset. Tantrums are a thing of the past. 3 years won't necessarily be tough. Enjoy each stage as it comes!