or Connect

Posts by APCDmama

More excellent advice! Thanks. I tried a few of your ideas yesterday, and DD hardly ate anything at all but seemed fine. She said, "I'm hungry" a few times, but when I directed her to the plate, she wasn't very interested. She ate more than usual at dinnertime, which was nice to see. She really is food sensitive! Wouldn't even eat homemade pureed food when she was a baby/toddler, and doesn't like sauce of ANY kind on her food. No mixing or blending flavours,...
Thank you for replying. You both bring up great points. I really hope it's just a phase. I didn't realize that metabolism slows down around this age. Good to know, and it makes a lot of sense. I try not to make food an issue, but it's getting a little old to prepare three different foods in row, only to have DD turn down all of them. I will try to be patient and will keep offering healthy snacks. A couple of times, I have caved and allowed a cookie or similar...
Mine sleeps 9-11 hrs a night, no naps. 10 hrs seems to be ideal.
I just need to vent. DD, 3 years, has never been an adventurous eater. Certain textures and tastes simply don't go over well with her, and I'm struggling to find things she'll eat at snack and meal times. It's driving me : ! Every food is met with a big, "Yuck, mom! I don't like... {fill in the blank with virtually everything, even her once favourite foods!} This is totally ridiculous and frustrating. I worry about her health, of course, even though she seems as...
...and why would I change things when I'm happy with the three of us?
Even though I'm 99.9% sure about my decision to stick with one child (at this point in time, anyway), that tiny, 0.1% doubt gets my attention every so often. During those times, I allow myself to fantasize rather than do anything about it. I figure it's kinda like how you feel before you get married for the first time, KWIM? You have this romantic vision of your spouse, and how perfect everything will be. Then, you get married and reality hits: You think, "Hey! This...
You know, it baffles me when people make such awful comments about onlies. : Not only are these remarks disrespectful and rude; they are also a blatant display of ignorance. (Many PP's have noted the scientific evidence supporting the advantages of first/only children.) I would never, ever try to convince someone to have an only child, if her heart was set on two or more. I LOVE, LOVE the "would you rather regret having a child..." quote. Food for thought, don't...
Reading and just had to comment...awwwwww, boatbaby your son sounds like such a sweetheart! Too cute! Denise, I totally know what you're saying about nursing. I think most people who nurse past 2 yrs feel the same way at some point. I was having a lot of trouble nursing DD just before she turned 3 (uncomfortable, annoyed, nursed out). Consistent, gentle limits really helped both of us. She's 3 yrs, 2 months now and I don't mind nursing her. I totally agree with...
Thanks for sharing your experience, yogamama. I will definitely try the sippy cup/snuggle combo as a transition, especially on days when my milk supply is super low. It's good to know that she may keep the last couple of nursings for a while yet. I don't mind that she's still nursing, (now that it's only twice a day) and would like to continue as long as possible.
Thank you for the supportive replies. I really appreciate it. DD and I are both feeling better about things today. She is still nursing before bed and first thing in the morning, so maybe we will keep things going a while longer. I don't know many people IRL who have nursed this long, so I have little/no experience to go on. I imagine that it's different for every child, but I wonder how long she will keep nursing 1-2X/day.