or Connect

Posts by APCDmama

Well...it finally happened...the other night DD (3 yrs, 2 mos) latched on, nursed for a few minutes, and then pulled back with a surprised look on her face. "Mama, there's no milk," she said, "let's try the other one." She moved over to the the other breast and a sad look came over her face. "There's only a little bit." It was such a strange moment for me. I've always had lots and lots of milk, but I guess my supply is dwindling along with DD's nursing sessions. I...
Sonnenwende, I think you've hit the nail on that one...
Hi! Interesting thoughts about schooling an only. I would love to homeschool my DD, but DH isn't on board. (I am a teacher who has taught in both private and public schools, and haven't been impressed by either system.) However, DD is already talking about going to school and I am willing to give the local public school a try. If it doesn't work out, we can always change our minds, right? We are very happy with one child. Our family is perfect for us! Although...
Do you suit bangs? They are a great natural solution to forehead wrinkles and happen to be in style at the moment.
Same thing here, Artmama. My 3-yr-old DD stopped waking at night, but now wakes up at 5 AM yelling "The sun is up, Mom! Time for mokie (her word for nursing)!" I can handle 6 AM, but 5 is too early. I am going to try the blackout blinds idea, too.
Another "chocolate" lover, here!
Yay! I haven't read any of the posts yet, but I'm glad to have found this tribe. I am the mother of a 3-year-old daughter, and I feel content with my small family, but everyone around me seems to push having a second child! There is no biological reason we can't conceive, and I'm surprised by my decision, since I'd always planned on having 2-3 children. DH appears to be on the fence regarding more, although I think he'd secretly love to have another baby if I agreed. ...
Interesting observation. I have been noticing the same thing with my 3-yr-old nursling....nursing is physically irritating. It just feels icky to me, uncomfortable and bothersome. Initially, I thought that the latch was to blame, or that my hormones had something to do with it, but now I'm realizing it may be my dwindling milk supply. The only time nursing feels okay is early morning, when I have a decent amount of milk. At this point, I am hanging in there for my...
DD was diaper-free during the day just before she turned 2. Dry at night around the same time. (about a month later, I think)
My DD recently started sleeping through the night (6-8 hours in a row), and she just turned 3. Don't worry...there's hope! She started sleeping in her own room/own bed at 2-years-old (her own request) but still woke up several times a night to nurse. I began to suggest that she "let the boo-boos sleep at night so they could make more milk" and I also started counting to 10 for each nursing session. It took a while, but she eventually started sleeping for longer...