or Connect

Posts by earthwalker

Yay! I got called for the job interview! It's in a couple weeks.  LilyKay, I cut sweets out for Lent so I am hoping to see some results soon. I'll have to check out the workout you recommended.
Kali, I am so sorry for your loss.   Trish, some babies are just small. My understanding is that as long as she is gaining steadily, even if on the low end of normal, all is well. I know that is hard not to worry, though. As for the weight gain, you took the words right out of my mouth -- you sure you weren't describing my tummy? sagging and mushy! I didn't experience a tummy like this after my first!It is so frustrating, but I know I have to be patient. I have just...
(((hugs) lidamama!  DD would hardly sleep during the day if it weren't for baby carrying and a pacifier....well, unless we were willing to just sit on the couch with her all day, but ummm..sorry sweet babies, we adults got things that need to get done -- like got potty ourselves from time to time.   Jenny, I escaped hemmoroids, but i have heard how painful they can be. Hope yours heal up fast!
So today is my first day back at work.    Besides the emotional aspect of not having DD with me all the time, and enjoying so much time with DS and DH, I had to face the ugly truth that I don't fit into my work pants. I am wearing a bella band! Grrrr. I started wearing my jeans over a month ago, but apparently my works pants are less forgiving.   At least I am on a computer all day...and typing with two-hands. So I can be a bite more active on the forum. YAY!
I'm a bit jealous with all you ladies getting groped....DH is just not the groping type.  But DS! Oh, yes, he loves to try to grab the boobies while DD is nursing! (When he is feeling sweet and not so rambunctious, he will kiss my chest above DD's head...and I think that is really sweet although I try not to encourage it...but I don't swat him away like I do when he tries to grope me with his hand.)   The good news is that DH and I DTD again, and the pain is gone....
 I was afraid my period had started,too, despite exclusive BF. With DS AF came after 9 mos. Glad to hear the bleeding is common. My midwife didn't seemed concerned about it either. I was surprise that the visit didn't include a vaginal exam, but hey! no complaints here.  Now I am officially cleared to go back to work,which I will do after one more week of home time with the family.   I was sore while DTD for the first time last night. I didn't mention to DH, b/c I didn't...
Oh, Roisin! I am sorry to hear about the complication! I believe there are different types of prolapse, so I'll let Roisin give the details....but basically pelvic floor muscle or uterus or some other part is no longer where it should be.   I  was 6 wks yesterday...and after 2 weeks of no bleeding, I started spotting again. What's up with that?!? My PP appt is tomorrow, so I guess we'll find out what my midwife has to say.  
 These babies are sooooo adorable, y'all!
Hi, all! It has been a couple weeks since I have been able to post...    Lilac, I would definitely hold off on the diabetes test for a while. This is a time for focusing on babies! Have you tested yourself at all PP? (To be honest, I would still wait a bit before doing that myself. I wouldn't want the extra worry for the couple of months PP.) Either way, seems like you are more than capable to self-manage any problems you identify for yourself....and then you can go to...
So I'll be 3 weeks post-partum tomorrow, so i am going to try to give a quick update here.   I tore slightly with DD, so I had soreness for the first week, but nothing bad...esp. compared to my c/s recovery. The afterpains were manageable with ibuprofen, and only lasted about 3 day.  I did have a couple emotional breakdowns the first week, but that seems to have passed, too.  So overall, all is well.   I still have some slight discomfort down below, but mainly at the...